Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

I learned that communication, fostering a learner-centered environment, structuring problem-based learning, and providing meaningful, informative feedback are all essential aa facilitator.  I plan to guide students through the course content so they can become responsible for their own learning.

The only way individuals learn and improve is through an evaluation process whether it be students or teachers!

It is important to engage with the students to make sure they are understanding and if you can help others that might be struggling.

To first develop a good relationship with the students so when feedback is asked for they know they can do so honestly and their points of view will be respected and addressed. 

Feedback is something I have to work on because its very important

Good communication and feedback, is a important responsibility of teaching online. 

I learned that, just as in a face-to-face classroom, there are a few different ways to facilitate learning, from teacher-centered to student-cenetered. Student engagement and feedback is very importnat for maxiumizing student learning.

I want to be more of a facilitator of learning rather than an answer giver.  I have many tasks such as clear communication, checking on understanding, creating and maintaining a learning centered environment, creating real life, problem based learning and giving my students meaningful feedback.

The facilitator should foster learner-centeredness, meaning that I should plan to be the moderator and allow the students to discover through collaboration, peer-to-peer support, and their own learning experience. However, it is important that I model the expectations and assess the students' understanding, expecially during the beginning phase, and continually provide the technical, administrative and academic support that they need for engagement, deeper learning andsuccessful learning outcomes.

A a facilitator/teacher of an online course one needs to keep the finger on the pulse of the learning environment...and provide feedback and encourage participation.

I love the idea of evaluating assignemnts and exams against the mean. This makes so much sense. i also like the breakdown of the 4 shoes each online instructor has to wear. The technician side I find, can get in the way of what you are trying to teach online. We do wear many hats.

As a facilitator I learned that I  play the role of instructor, social director, program manager and technical assistant. The  role of technical assistant can be very challenging if you are not fullyl conversant with technology that is being used in the delivery of the online teaching and so I am going to put in more effort on this.

Looks like ther is more to being an instructor which you need to be a facilitator. Needs of students need different grading because we have to grade not only on what they learned but how they understand the subject matter.

In order to be successful in teaching online trainings we need to be able to engage, guide and motivate the learners to be able to learn. We can accomplish this through communication and feedback, since we are not face to. Face with the learners. Once a safe environment is built the students and instructors can be successful in online learning. 

I have been working on the feedback I have been giving students online.  I am much more comfortable face-to-face with my students - that is how I have always taught.  I hope to implement some of the ideas given here on encouraging participation - some of the students are struggling with that but they are starting to reach out more as I make sure to respond to them quickly when they do reach out.  The advantage I have is that almost all of my students who are online with me right now were in the classroom with me before that, so they have a level of familarity with who I am and how I do things that has carried over.  I can see how that could be more of a challenge in an online setting where you have never met the instructor.  I am being very deliberate in my responses to students who do not know me as well in order to help them be more comfortable with the whole online thing.

The syllabus should be the first place or point of reference when associating your LMS with your objectives.

I learned about different types of teaching styles and what is more effective for students. I also learned the importance of providing feedback.

After reviewing the module, evaluating your course and reflecting on your facilitation process is key. I can impliment this by evaluating all aspects of the course such as student assignments, commuincation, grades and course evaluation. 

After knowing the methods to deliver the online course I would be focusing on the students’ engagement as well as providing them an appropriate and pronto feedback.

Feedback is so very important. We must be carefull as to how we word our comments. Positive reinforcement is the key.

Sign In to comment