Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

I've learned that course/student evaluations are very important and can help the instructor improve the course.  I will review student evaluations and incorporate ideas that will improve the outcome for my course.

An instructor should keep an eye out for lulls in learning. Motivate and encourage when they see a lull happening. 

Evaluations help the instructor evaluate how the course was received  a great course has an instructor who works to facilitate good participation. 

Engagement, communication and facilitation are all structure in learning styles.

I will evaluate student assignments to address communication and content delivery issues.

I learned the instructor in role of facilitator has a crucial task which is providing informative feedback to students. 

There are definently a lot of responsibilities with online teaching.  The content must be organized and consistent.  Communication must be understood for online learning to be effective.  

I learned that there are several techniques for online teaching that are very important in many aspects, such as fostering community, enhancing the learning process, avoiding misunderstandings with students, etc.

The 3 basic approaches to online teaching; I'd like to take these & expand on them to tie in adult learning theory frameworks. 

The importance of using student evaluations and feedback to improve classes.

As both an instructor and a student I feel that feedback is really important. It allows for students to ask questions and to review what changes need to be made. 

Acting as Facilitator and guiding students through course material is a good method of keeping students engaged.

Feedback is very important for learning.

Learned a lot about how to be a successful facilitator in an online course.

Oh yeah... good stuff

A facilitator is responsible for setting the tone of the learning environment. Communication is one of the most important factors in setting the expectations of social interaction and must also include examples in which the learners can observe the expected behavior in action. This includes feedback from the facilitator and other leaners.  

Communication in a timely manner; it's respectful and shows the student your interested in their success. 

I learned that using student feedback is an excellent and direct way of gauging if the course is effective in meeting its objectives.

The teacher must help the student at all times and must know how to communicate and guide learning so that it is natural.

In my experience, it is very important not to saturate the components of synchronous courses and to take special care in planning asynchronous courses. All activities and evaluation criteria must be very clear for students.

Sign In to comment