Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Un instructor debe de estar atento de cada estudiante en linea, ver como comenta y buscar la mejor manera de expresar.

Use all the feedback from the students to guide me in the effectiveness of my online progrsm. Be humble and change what is needed for student sucess.

Teaching and Organizing a Virtual Learning Environment --> Guide on the Side

As the instructor of a online course, I need to provide guidelines that outline my expectations within the syllabus to ensure proper communication ensures. 

Being obser and ready to assist in a timely manner

As the facilitator  of your class, it is imparative that thorough and precise communication take place. You must find the correct form of communication to facilitate all of your learners and there differing styles. 

I believe that engaging students in productive feedback is essential, knowing that there's someone out there to hear their questions, help them through a course.

feedback, whether from the instructor, or a peer group, is fundamental and necessary in a online course.

Holistic approach to evaluating the course is important - who knows what area you may learn from.  Reasonable gripes should be tolerated in the comments section as a sign of healthy communication.   Grades are a first place to look to see if learning outcomes were met, but not the only place.

You will need to be active in your online classroom and reply to student posts asap to keep them engaged.  Guidelines for posting need to be clearly defined in the syllabus. 

In this lesson I learned an online teacher plays multiple roles from instructor, facilator, social cordinator and administrator.  The level of preparedness and involvement of the online instructor will play a large role in the success of student learning.

Feedback is super important for the students and make sure you do not miss out on reflection after the program.

I especially like the idea of using both formative and summative evaluation. This provides an indication of how much each learner, and how much the entire group has moved toward the course objectives. 

As I will be conducting short seminars, the pre/post assessment may not, however, be expedient. 

I especially like the idea of using both formative and summative evaluation. This provides an indication of how much each learner, and how much the entire group has moved toward the course objectives. 

As I will be conducting short seminars, the pre/post assessment may not, however, be expedient. 

Feedback is crucial to improve the overall experience of students and their learning. 

In this module, one of the things I learned was that are 3 basic approaches to teaching an online environment. They are: 1) A teacher-center approach with limited interaction incorporates the least amount of facilitation. 2) a mixture of teacher-centered and student-centered approaches with a moderate level of interaction means that, for the most part, the teacher leads the majority of the discussions 3) student-centered, high interaction approach, which works best with highly motivated students.

It appears to me that this course is a "teacher-centered approach". For me personally, as the student, I like this approach. I prefer the independent learning.

I learned that this on line teaching environment takes a lot of feedback from students and instructor.  It is essential to create an on line community that fosters feedback and that it is even OK to give extra credit to those students who provide feedback to other students questions.  It is also important to provide feedback to those who may dominate on line environments. 

I learned that to be a guide on the side there must be regular participation on both the side of the instructor and student.  I also learned that it is important to encourage participation and evaluate feedback often.

Encouraging students to post responses on a forum. Answer quick and provide postive and construtive feedback

I learned from this module the importance of good communication and facilitation.  While it is a goal that students take responsibility for their learning, it is also the instructor's responsibility to design lesson content that encourages participation, interest, and where learning occurs.  I also learned it is important to use a number of datapoints to evaluate learning outcomes and course objectives were achieved.

It is important for the teacher as a facilitator to engage the students in many ways and methods beyond learning.

Sign In to comment