Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

This lesson was very informative because it was based on organization. it provided different ways to be able to provide structure and support to my students as well as the course so things don't get chaotic and if they do, I know how to take a professional approach to keeping control and peace in the course. I also learned different ways to get feedback not only at the end of the course but throughout the course as well.

Giving feedback to students is important for the learning process.

Online instructors have to take on many roles to enable the creation of an effective learning environment.  Engaging with students and encouraging feedback are two main components that can lead to success here.

Giving and getting feedback is important not only for student success but the course as well. Ensuring the students are heard and have an outlet for communication imperative to success.

Learners deserve the time it takes to give fair and thoughtful feedback delivered in a manner that encourages learning.

It's just as important to fully understand and to convey the responsibilities as the instructor.

Teacher engagement, especially at the beginning of a course is extremely important and wording feedback in a positve straight forward manner is important to keeping students involved.

Communication is key in the online environment. Feedback to students must be prompt and clear. You as the instructor must server not only as the instructor, but also as social coordinator, administrator and tech support among other functions.

The following are essential in online learning:

1. Communication - learner-centered environment

2. Problem-based learning

3.  Providing meaningful and informative feedback 

Reply to Lawrence Bufalino's post:I agree.  I will keep a watchful eye on student engangement and participation as the course moves forward.

I will focus on creating learning experience that motivate and engage the student (e.g. problem-based learning, authentic work, and realistic, problem-based experiences.

The level of preparedness and involvement from instructors will play a large role in the success of Stustudent learning.

Developing a course that blends learning can promote student engagement. Evaluating student engagement and outcomes to the teaching method and communciation is just as important.

Students engagement is truly vital when making plans, syllabus, etc.

Use various sources to improve course or rate.

The important take aways for me are that an online instructor needs to teach the content as well as teach the students how to showcase their learning appropriately. Students need to be taught how to use the technology and how to respond to others online in respecful and positive ways.

Having the students "buy-in" the online learning platform is essential. Developing a partnership with the student learners along with engaging the students from the beginning will help with the "buy-in." 

Student engagment and timely and effective feedback are critically important factors in achieving high student outcomes.

Always improving on communication, once I feel I am there something pulls me back to always improving. I learned: Feedback is solidifying the efforts of the student. Analyzing the outcomes helps defining the guidelines to meet a clear expectation.

The point about no nonverbal cues in e-learning is important.  It is easy to misread tone in emails and messages.  If you can speak with a student while having visual access (like Zoom) it gives an opportunity for a clearer conversation.

Sign In to comment