Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Organization and feedback are crucial in a online course. 

In online courses ,teachers are just the helpers. They need to be students helpers. Students learn on their owm . Giving prompt and detail reply to students work makes a good  teacher.Comparing the mean score of the class helps the teacher to find out if he has communicated what is the expected learning outcome.

it is very important to engage , guide and motivate the online learner.  Use student evaluations on courses.  Focus on positives when grading and always repsond to your learner in a timely manner.

Feedback is important and to encourage my student to participate 

The importance of keeping student engaged.  To make sure that student know the expectations from the beginning and to be direct because student cannot pickup on non-verbal cues.  Facillitation allows the students to hewn in own their learning skills. 

As an Instructor we need to understand students, and gie feed back at all times.

This module focused my attention of the importance and value of methods employed by an effective facilitator. We wear many hats, as we support willing and not so willing learners, and we must have a proactive approach in communicating and structuring the curriculum with a balance of engaging learning opportunities. I will quickly ascertain if content delivery modifications meet student learning needs by closely and promptly reviewing feedback, thus allowing me to adjust if needed.  Facilitating student learning requires the facilitator to communicate in a prompt, professional, and supportive manner to elicit greater student participation.

In this module the importance of giving timely feedback was stressed.  It needs to be done on discussion boards and with assignments.  It is important to be engage in the class so you can make sure your students are learning and participating and you are able to answer all questions in a timely manner. 

The student centered approach is fascinating to me in that you're allowing the more motivated students to gradually step up and lead discussions as the teacher takes on the role more of a moderator.

In my current teaching environment, course evaluation comes at the end of the 16 week class. While this is logical, it sometimes means that student feedback is not useful, because it comes after the fact. I do appreciate the need for the evaluation process to occur in concert with other ways of measuring course/outcome effectiveness.

Wow module 3 ...now we're in business!

Developing the facilitation methods it has to be very specific for the class the students and the instructor

is key for an effective enviroment so the students can really learn

We have to connect with the students and encourage the participation

For me Feedback is the best motivation tool for students 

I learned the importance of open communication and setting expectations for communication. 

Feedback to students is very important, but be careful when responding as students take everything that is said literally over online

Facilitation is very important for successful online courses. Feedback is the catalyst for student success. 

I have learned that you have to adjust your teaching style for online learning. I also learned that feedback is an important factor to consider when making changes to your course. 

Feedback from students is important in any course, it is not exclusive to online courses.  However, students are not in the "classroom" and it is important to look at other ways how they are giving the instructor feedback.

Roger 

Facilitators wear many hats in the world of online learning.

I have learnt about the different roles of an online instructor, and importance of effective communication, interaction, teams, safe environment and feedback in achieving positive learning outcomes.

Communication and feedback is the key.

Student to student communication is encouraged however, the instructor needs to monitor the dialogue.

i learned about the roles of the facilitator such as: instructor, social manager to engage students socially and integrate the class, profram adminstrator to fulfill the administerial duties, techical coordinator to know about the LMS and how to properly use it and assist students with its use.

Sign In to comment