Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

I think a good evaluation process translates into good teaching and learning.

Organize and covey in a very detailed fashion what you need and want from your students,  How you present and provide information will determine if the students are learning based on grades and feedback.  

I'ts important that the student has good back and fourth comminication with the instructor. Which means I need to communicate with student and give them good feedback.

Instructors must clearly communicate with students to support their success.

I am glad to hear that much of what I am already doing is necessary to evaluate student learning and ensure that learning has occurred.  I teach in both online and face-to-face environments and highly utilize feedback that I receive from a student's evaluation of the course.

I have learned that highly engaged students are essential for the teaching environment, regardless of synchronous versus asynchronous environments.  I do alot of asking the students to refelct on what they have learned and experienced and share that in a collaborative way. 

I'll continue to use feedback on assessments as a way to help them understand if they are getting important concepts.

Feedback and clear communication are key in teaching/learning

I will evaluate the success of the course and the students' progress in several different ways to gauge the overall effectiveness of the instruction.

Be clear and concise, avoid sarcasm, jokes as these may be taken literally.

Reflection and analysis of your facilitation process in all of its components as to whether student goals and learning are met satisfactorily are intrinsic to developing appropriate course delivery and communication methods

Timely and informative feedback is the most important aspect of being an instructor. 

Understanding 3 basic approaches to teaching in online environment such as: teacher-center, mixture of teacher-centered and student-centered approaches, student centered, is really helpful for delivering the content with a high level of facilitation. Also, the most important task of a facilitator is to provide informative feedback.

Feedback for online students is a great tool for them to continue being successful.

What I learned in this module is that facilitator must provide feedback to the students on their progress and also give instructions on the assignment/discussion to guide student on the expectation for the assignment.

being engaged

Informative feedback is the most essential need of the student

An engaged and attentive instructor is very important.   Listening to and responding to students, being pro-active in communications, being organized and being a leader providing direction and feedback are very important.

It is important to assess the students learning needs.  Look for feedback, correct all misinformation, and reassess teaching style to ensure the delivery facilitated learning and not confusion.

Providing timely informative feedback is an important component of teaching. 

In my current role, I have definitely played or worn the "four pairs of shoes" - instructor, social director, program manager, and technical assistant. No matter what role I was/am playing, I believe establishing communication between myself and the students as well as providing and receiving feedback is essential in order to facilitate online learning and also have a satisfactory online learning experience.

That miscommunication can occur very easily. As an instructor you need to make sure that your students understand the material. 

Sign In to comment