Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Positive feedback is a great way to encourage course participation.  I think students will be more motivated to participate in a course if they are guided by an active instructor that constantly provides feedback.

Feedback is the key for the teacher to gauge the students learning.

I realize how important being proactive in my syllabi (detailed expectations and information) as well as lesson presentations are   by using as many of these techniques emphasized throughout this module. As an instructor our role is all encompassing  on many fronts to ensure an enironment that is engaging,motivating and informative throughout the course designed with the student's needs being paramount. Feedback and prompt responeses are critical to develop an environment that is welcoming and inclusive.

I believe using different methods to encourage participation will help for a more meaningful dialogue and more communication between myself and the students in between the students themselves. 

I've learned the importance of feedback. I will use this to make sure my communication with students is meaningful and guides them to our learning goals. 

There are many roles for the teaching to consider with the online learning format. Communication, fostering a learner-centered environment, structuring problem-based learning, and providing meaningful, informative feedback are all essential. 

Use multiple ways to facilitate; Structuring the course for best student learning is imperative. Engaging students in conversation is key. Providing proper and consistent feedback is imperative.

Learning how to motivate students in an online world is vastly different than the classroom and is important for student success.

clear, concise feedback is essential.  

Feedback is critical.  Students stay more engaged in the course if you are providing good feedback.  I use the sandwich method; providing areas of improvement sandwiched between comments of what they did well.

Once again, communication during all of the components of the course is vital to the students’ success.

This module clearly outlined many of the major responsibilities of an online instructor. These were helpful in giving a broad pciture of what is expected as an online instructor.

As a facilitator, you must keep your students engage, make sure you convey your information so students understands it, and ask for their feedback.

"As a facilitator, there are many important tasks. Communication, fostering a learner-centered environment, structuring problem-based learning, and providing meaningful, informative feedback are all essential. However, providing informative feedback is the more important aspect of the role."

Having any kind of discussion with a topic of the module brings together students and they share feedback which is a very important tool in communication 

In this module, I learned how important it is to engage the student on the module topic discussion forum and give feedback also to his classmates. 

Due to the Covid-19 outbreak, everyone’s Home Remodeling Ideas have started to resurface. This is especially true for people who have been forced to stay home for more than a month. What do you do with all of the free time you have? Remodel your home, of course! Home remodeling is always a time well spent, whether you are doing it independently, or having a company do it for you.

source: https://discounthomeremodeling.com/home … our-house/

Facilitation of virtual courses may be authoritative, instructor-centered, or student-centered. These three approaches describe how much is exposited and how much students take responsibility for their own learning in a constructivist environment. The student-centered approach is recommended. In the student-centered approach, the instructor acts as a facilitator, engaging and motivating students, encouraging social relationships, providing direction and support and managing discussion boards. Strong leadership, technology assistance, and prompt informative feedback are key to providing the communication needed under this approach. 

Communication is key in the facilitation process.  Giving prompt, positive and rewarding feedback will keep the students engaged in the virtual classroom.  And providing guidelines that outline expectations up front will hopefully provide a positive learning environment for all learners

Feedback and engagement are important and can be a challenge.  It is also important to set expectations regarding online participation, etiquette, etc.

Sign In to comment