Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Feedback is important and careful planning on teacher display of words is important.  Body language can not be seen in technology.

I know my students want prompt feedback. It can be challenging if multiple students want your attention at the same time. It goes back to communication. You must be there for the student but not 24/7. It is easier for me to engage with the students in F2F settings where you can see their faces and know if they are sleeping through the lecture or if they are really 'getting it'. I'm learning how to pick up on the sleepers during on-line lecture. Call their name to answer a question, make sure thier audio and video is on. Sometimes they will turn the computer on and sneek out during lecture. May need to implement a participation grade.

Regardless of a teaecher's style, they must be sure to use all technology tools to support their students' success as they work through both synchronous and asynchronous learning. Specific feedback is one of the most important ways a teacher supports and furthers their students' learning.

Teacher-centered and student-centered approaches both have their places in virtual learning and assessing when to use which one will be key.

In this process it is very important to observe the studnts reactions.

Providing a safe environment for students is the most important thing always and was brought up here again.   Communicating effectively with students ensures they stay engaged.  As a facilaitator we are required to wear many hats.  

yes very true feedback from  students is very helpful for us a instructors. gives us the oppurinity to better ourselves as educators.

Teaching in an online format requires instructors to be more student-centered and to act as facilitators to help students meet course objectives

What I took away was it is important to understand your style of teaching and it is important to evaluate and reflect on how you deliver your class.  I beleive that reflection is the key to every good teacher and I plan on doing this in my online class.

I am one who believes that feedback is one of the most important returns for our students. Teaching on-line provides direction for me to manage online discussions and design my questioning and listening feedback skills. This will be at the top of my priority list. 

It is important as the teacher to set the standards and expectations of communication early and enforce said expectations

Yes you must becareful how you communicate using technology. Students can not see fascial cues and they could take what your saying in an entirly different manner in which you intended. 

In online instruction, you lose the privaledge of non verbal.  Make all content have intent.

Communication and feedback are very important in an online environment just as in the regular classroom.

I learned that online education is student self oriented an instructors are facilitator of learning processes.

Since my teaching philosophy has always been more of a constructivist with a focus on student centered learning, the role as a facilitator, happens to be my preferred style of teaching. That being said, I learned a lot about how to better implement, organize, and communicate to my students expectations and learning as their “guide on the side” as the course described.

There are many different ways to facilitate online courses. It is important for you to figure out what works best for your online course.

The syllabus should be the first place to establish expectations for student engagement.

The instructor, as a facilitator, needs to evaluate student learning to determine if learning occurred and if the academic, social, and pragmatic needs of the learner were met.

We need to have comunication with the student and find a way for them to enjoy participatinig.

Sign In to comment