Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Students need meaningful feedback. However, it is important to make sure that the communication that you send out is not overly joking, sarcastic, etc. There are no non-verbal cues in online learning, so communication is taken literally. 

Providing informative feedback is one of the most important aspects of the role of an instructor.  It’s critical to make sure to give the feedback in a timely and informative manner as well. This is great for students learning and helps them from feeling isolated or detached in an online environment.

Utilizing student feedback will help to decide which methods were most effective.  Using a variety of methods to encourage student engagement increases the rate of success in the course.  

We need to find ways to engage our students in the content and to promote communication between the student and the instructor as well as between the students themselves. 

Having a very well defined syllabus is going to be very important. 

As an instructor make sure you are being a good facilitator of the online course. Make sure you have evaluated your teaching styles and student learning styles to get optimal learning from your students. The instructor should provide multiple feedback for the students and create a student centered learning environment where students want to learn.

Feedback is crucial as it shows areas of improvement and also as an educator, it helps you to better understand the student and their learning style. 

Good communication between student-student and instructor-student should be established early in the course.

Hello Everyone,

One the most important take aways that I've learned fro, this module was to encourage a high degree of participation and interactivity and to help learners feel comfortable with technology. In my remote courses online, I have learned that when students are unfamiliar with the technology, they are prone not to show up or participate. I have also noticed that by makeing the class as interative as possible, by asking questions, calling students by name, and having everyone turn on their cameras, the class is more entertaining. When learners are engage, learning becomes fun and pleasant process.

It is important to survey your students and the course by student feedback, are the students about average in there grades are they reaching grades that you would expect of are they below average this isone of the most important things to watch for to let you knoe that they are getting what you are presenting.

I learned the importance of being a facilitator to student learning and that communicating course expectations to students is important to promote success in the course.  As a facilitator I will need to have good communication and feedback.  I will need to provide a learner centered environment and broblem based learning opportunities will bring on the best active engagement from learners.

Providing students feedback in a timely manaer is important.

Feedback is very important, maintaining as much as possible the positivity, encourage therm on how to improve and providing the support necessary. The more we explain the easier it will be for the student.

Student feedback is vital to assessing how well the students are learning.

Encourage student engagement along with facilitation.

Reviewing the course and feedback to better the course for the students.  

This section did a good job outlining the key responsibilities of instructors and the importance of clear and precise communication with the students. 

Engaging the students in online learing is very difficult.  It is even more diffucult when you can't see the students but just delivering the lecture. Making sure the students, again, have the proper tools to engage in the classroom virtually is of great importance. 

Knowladge is power

Online instructors, as do F2F teachers, have many roles: instructor, social director, program manager, and technical assistant. A high degree of interaction between the instructor and student, student to student, and student to instructor best helps students meet learning outcomes. 

Sign In to comment