Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

I have, once again, been reminded about the importance on ongoing evaluation of specific assignments for fitness to overall goal.I wilol complete more formal refle  for each assignment and adjust delivery as needed 

This section gave good information on feedback and facilitating during a course.  Also how to evaluate my online courses to make them better.

I learned how important is to evaluate my role as a facilitator ta make the students engage in the course.

It is very important to make sure that students are engaged from the beginning of class and to set the tone for online learning.

This is a new normal for everyone both teachers and students. Its important we reach kids and suceed in  providing the needed instruction. Having an open discussion with your students is key. They are the only ones able to give you what they want and/or need from your class. 

Feedback from students and peers is very important. With student feedback I can tailor the lessons better. 

It is inporten to have feedback and use that to do changes to you course

I prefer a course that provides a mixture of teacher-centered and student-centered approaches with a moderate level of interaction means that, for the most part, the teacher leads the majority of the discussions.  The instructor posts questions on a discussion board and the students will answer one or two a week. The instructor could use synchronous chatting or continue with the asynchronous chatting with discussion boards. The instructor will selectively answer questions through emails. 

Though is will be challening I hope to use several different methods to encourage participation and constantly evauate how useful it has been 

Mulitple forms of communication and engagement with students is key.

Reflection and evaluationis always important so we can make the necessary adjustments in our courses and become better online facilitators.

Learning and feedback are a 2 way street

Module evaluation is important because it enables the facilitator to know how well students are learning and whether the learning outcomes have been achieved.

I understand that feedback is the most important part of holding the students' attention but if it's not immediate, something that requires time to grade, I struggle finding the time in this new learing world.

There were alot of great keys points made and how the position goes beyond teaching. Being consistent and making a pathway to learning is crucial for the students and the instructor. Points need to be made very clear.

There are no nonverbal cues in an online setting, so I need to be clear and concise in giving feedback. I also need to be proactive in learning what my students' needs are in making them successful.

It was good to hear that the teaching program includes feedback as a major ingredient to student success.  Many students are new to online and they require as much feedback as possible to gauge how they are doing, whether they are understanding the directions.  Once timely feedback and communication are established the students seem to move into a rhythmic study pattern and it becomes easier to begin new subjects.  They come to rely on this interaction to guide them.

There needs to be clear instructions for the students. If several students are scoring low it is important to check why and address the issue so the student get the most of out the lesson with the best understanding. 

Online instruction involves so much more in terms of facilitation than would be expected in a face to facee course. Specifically, a lot of practices that might come across naturally in a classroom environment (i.e. promoting collegiality and being a "coach") must be done clearly and through its own mechanisms. 

I think the most important thing is to evaluate how an activity went. If it did not go well, not assuming it was the students' fault,  but instead to adjust our practice, directions, examples, and learning leading up to that course activity. If you did not get the intended outcomes, adjust.

Sign In to comment