Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

It is important to research tools that best help the subject we teach.

This module shows the importance of matching the technology to the learning process. In addition, I found it interesting to see how various teaching styles influence the choice of tools implemented in a course. Being a facilitator of learning seems to point to a more student-centered approach and, for most of my adult students, this style of teaching brings the best results. 

I learned that it is important to use the proper technology when conducting online classes. It is also important to to research the tools and their functions.

When using technology tools, it is important that the instructor matches the appropriate tool with the appropriate teaching technique or teaching style.

When a technology tool is difficult to learn or use or it is not used for the proper function, teaching and learning are inhibited. The technology tool should support, not hinder, the teaching and learning process. Assessment of each technology tool provides essential feedback as to whether to continue to use it or to investigate another technology tool to better serve the instructor and students.

Each district most likely offers different tool mediums that fit under the strategies listed in this lesson. For example, Powerpoint version is similar to Google Slideshow and in our district Google Apps are streamlined much more easily to Schoology, the Learning Management System used in our district. Power Point, while a great tool in general, is not as strong and as easy to use within Schoology, especially if not all students have home access to Microsoft platform.

All instructors must develop their own personal teaching style that works for them and the students as well. But instructors should find technology tools that support their teaching style.  This will help assess teaching methods and match with learning outcomes.

Iv'e learned that we need to adapt to what works for the students so they can have a great learning experience.

It is very important to assess the tools that we are using to make sure that they are relevant to what and how we are teaching. For example, a blog is not the best outlet for students to turn in work. It should be used to disberse information and provide clickable links for the students. 

In simulation we have historically used the QDEN tool for evaluation. In recent terms we began using the Creighton tool, but in this virtual environment I do not believe either of those assessment tools capture the technology effectiveness at all. I may work on including a few technology assessment questions to include in the student evaluation form.  

The tool must be accessed to evaluate its contribution to the students success.

I learned that the method I am using is probably not engaging my students in the way they need to be. 

There are many different tools available and the instructor must be comfortable using the tools to provide lessons to their students. It is important to experiment with many different tools to see what works best for you and your students. 

I have a better understanding of the importance of assess teaching technology and teaching methods by both the teacher and the students.

Using technology is essential to help meet the needs of all online learners.  Just as we differentiate in the classroom and use various techniques, we must do the same with the online teaching environment as well.  Various tools and methods help to keep learners engaged.

It is very important to learn which tools work best with each set of students.

There are many technology tools that are available. The instructor and students should evaluate the technology tools to see if it enhances the learning. The tool should not become a hindrance to the instructor or students. 

It is important to have good technology tools that the students can be able to use and be successful for you as well. Also it is important to give a trial run if possible before going and requiring the students to use on own. 

That the teaching tool used should be easy to manuver, yet also be techinical enought to handle the subject matter it is to handle.

There are a ton of differnet technology out there.  It is the instructor goal to find the best match for there teaching style and the type of lesson they are trying to teach.  

Sign In to comment