Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

There are many technology tools available to the instructor to use. When thinking about the tools, an instructor should also be assessing their teaching style and how the tool could enhance or hinder their preferred delivery/style. I find podcasting to be an interesting choice and wonder about how I could implement it into our program. In these times, it would be a good way to have "guest speakers" that might not be available during the day.

Researching the right tool seems to be what we need to perfect .

On-line learning requires technology support and the instructor must know the tools chosen to support the course work.  Also, the students must be provided a clear understaning of the tools that will be used within the course.

Match the tools to your needs!  With all of the tools available to us we can make sure we match these with the students needs.  It's all about the students.

I learned that I need to be open to critiquing from peers on my ways of teaching to adapt and make material more engaging and something that will help my material and lesson plans not become stale and boring.  

I learned that just because you have assess to alot of technology functions. That dosen't mean to use all of them.

Is a tool that will help the instructors and the students achieve their goals and will make the class more interactive.

When creating lessons and assignments the instructors need to be cognizant of what tools will be most effective and which won't be for the particular lesson and corresponding assignments. 

It's great to make use of the many tools that technology has to offer. This makes the students more engaged when they have tools that makes it fun to learn. The teaching videos should never be too long since most students will disengage from learning if it is.

Technology tools are available to assist the instructor and the students.  You must choose the tools that will be most effective to use in reaching your goals.

It is important to effectively incorporate technology in the classroom to improve learning and then evaluate the technology by assessing learning outcomes. I also like the idea of the Stop, Start, Continue for student feedback. 

We as instructors must determine our own individual teaching style to determine what teaching tools would most benefit us to help carry the messafe to the students we teach.

It is very important to match the technology tool you're using to the needs of the students, and to meeting the learning goals.

Make sure the instructor is comfortable with the technology used in the course, and do not have to use all portions of the platform.

You must really break down what your course content will be and how and what your teaching style/tools that you would use to best offer student obtainment. 

It is important to evaluate and select technology tools that match the instructors teaching style as well as enhance teaching and learning

What I gained from this module was that technology to use in the online classroom is extremely important.  When you have the right tools as an online teacher, you will come across better and will be understood in your teaching.  The list of all the choices for technology that was given, some of the options I have never heard of and would like to get familiar with them to use as tools in my classroom.

there are so many teaching tools out there.  I think it is great that there is probably one that really suits a teachings strength so they can continue to do what they do best even virtually.

There is an array of technology tools teachers can use to facilitate learning. The teacher must understand the original functions of each tool in order to use it correctly to facilitate learning. Since no one size fits all, the teacher may use a variety of tools and teaching methods as each occasion demands in teaching and evaluating the learning outcomes. 

As a Medical Billing instructor, i am already using screen recording apps to give my classes.  It is an excellent tool because students can hear your voice and see you as the same time that you are teaching and demostrating the learning process. It gives a human presence to your courses.

Sign In to comment