Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

I have learned there are many technology tools and you need to find the right one to use for your course.

I have to access different ways of teaching, using a mixture of all the basic styles and use techogoly to assist in teaching the class.

The reminder to always start with the learning goal in mind, before diving into the tools.  I also found the discussion of teaching styles helpful.  I have to scaffold so much for my primary population that sometimes my goal of facilitating their learining gets side-tracked in a traditional classroom.  Ironically,  I think when teaching virtually, if I set everything up correctly and utitlize the proper tools, this should be less of a problem.

There are a lot of different tools available. It is important to assess the tools and figure out whats best for you and the material that you are teaching. 

The tools that the Instuctor chooses must "dovetail" into the teaching style of the instructor and the learning style of the student.

I've learned that I not only need to consider the type of teacher I am but I also need to assess the different tools  and their functions.  This will allow me to choose the appropriate tool.  I also will check to make sure the tool is effective and make changes as need.

Teachers need to be intentional about the teaching technology tools that they use and ensure that they support learning. I really like the idea of a "FAQ" section with information on common errors! 

Tools are important sorces for e-learning. The knowledge/use on engaging the tools in a virtual classroom.

Technology has the potential to enhance learing and extend learning opportunities to more people.  Technology can also become the gate keeper preventing students that do not have access to or do not know how to use the technology.  As technology evolves, I see more and more people being left behind because they can not afford the technology, aren't exposed to its operation and do not have access to the same opportunities/  I would advise use caaution when requiring the use of technology for learning and make sure resources are available for students that are lacking technology, I have been surprised by how many students lack even basic computer skills and need help getting to, much less navigating and using information accessed through technology.  Some students don't have computers or smart phones.  How are we going to bridge the gap between evolving technology that enhances learning and not marginalizing and decreasing learning for already marginalized students?

Choosing appropriate technology for organizing and teaching an online course is essential in the learning process.

It's important to look at what technology is available and evaluate what will work the best for a given situation

Techonology offers many different tools to help with all teaching platforms.  It is meant to aid in teaching, not to hinder.  In order to get the most out of technology, we need to explore the options that are available and use the elements that are beneficial.  We do not need to use everything available - we use what helps our course and blends well with out individual teaching style.

I have learned of the various technology tools available and their function. How to cho the proper technology tool for an individual course.Encouraging the students to participate in the course and to keep my lectures to 10 - 15 minutes.

Learning the tools

I have used Wikipedia but to use Wikis as a format to share ideas or add comments is new.

There are so many great tools instructors have available to them. Learning what suits you, your teaching style and your students will help you find the best told and technology to help deliver your message!

I learned that I will be constantly reviewing and investigating existing and new tech tools.

You will have to look into several technology tools to see which works best for you and your students.  Also students need to know have good internet and knowledge on how to use the technology beeing used. 

I feel like I use a little bit of each teaching style, but I really need to up my game on the technology side of teaching. I need to learn more about the different tools available and begin to incorporate them into the lesson plan.

With countless online resources, technology can help improve teaching. Teachers can use different apps or trusted online resources to enhance the traditional ways of teaching and to keep students more engaged. Virtual lesson plans, grading software and online assessments can help teachers save a lot time.

Sign In to comment