Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Multiple evaluations will accomodaite various needs of the student learner.

Multiple evaluations appears to be the perferred method for analyzing student progress in the course.

Course evaluation improves student learning experinces, curriculum etc. The best way to gain an accurate summation of my course would be pretest/posttest from my students.

I like the comment that one of the collegues made that what ever we do in a course it should lead to a better ending. Through multiple resources and careful evaluation throughout a course changes and suggestions can be given. This makes for a better set of instructions and better guidance through the learning process. Multiple evaluations will guide the usefulness of certain tools. Closing the loop is a multi step process that includes teacher, student, other teachers and informed stakeholders.

Multiple evaluations is better for effective learning and teaching.

Concept Maps are visual representation of relationships between concepts and information whose purpose is to link concepts by words that describe their relationship.  

multiple evaluation is a better assement toll than relying on one

Constant Self-reflection and course revision are necessary tools for an online environment. 

Multiple assessments from multiple sources provide the best data to 'close the loop' enabling growth of your online course.

It makes good sense that multiple sources of evaluation and feedback can be used to revise the course in order to give the students the best learning experience.

I learned the meaning of closing the loop as it pertains to evaluating and revising your course.  I will need to evaluate my course qualitatively and quantitativelly and use what I learn to continuously improve and revise my course offering.

It is very important to have an evaluation from your peers and from you of the student's progress, and the quality of the coarse.

I already have a student evaluation form.  I want to implement a peer evaluation of my course.

In the Teaching Online: A Student-Centered Approach module four I learned how important it is to review a course in its entirety and to use multiple evaluations. Evaluations can come from the students via a course evaluation. Evaluations can come from peers. Lastly, you, the instructor, must evaluate all the different components of the course. From course objectives, syllabus, course assignments and assessments, the need to evaluate and revise the course needs to be an ongoing process.

I learned that there are 3 stakeholders in determining if the information given is on task with the course. 

It was very intresting to know the amount of stake holders that were involved. All of the evaluations one will need to do in order to ensure they all get the proper feed back. 

I learned that as you manage the revision cycle, it is important that you have a plan of action to review your course.  I also learned that you should always evaluate your course.

Diversify EVERYTHING. Each of us are different and therefore assessing and evaluating must recognize these differences. Alternative materials summative and formative asseessments need to be applied so all students can be reached.

I learned that I should have students reflect on their own school work.

I will use mulitple types of evalautions for my courses and adjust teaching and learning as needed.

Sign In to comment