Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

I learned that quantitative data usually gives you the what; qualitative data usually answers the why or the how.  It was suggested to use both to complement each other, and I plan to do that.  

Online courses should be reviewed to improve student learning, improve curriculum, guide professional development, ensure high quality, and decide how personnel is included.

Using multiple tools to evaluate a course is necessary to keep the course effective and relevant. No one tool is adequate for effective course evaluation.

It is best practice to use multiple and appropriate sources of date to evaluate students. Some of these include, portfolios, question tools, pretest/posttest among many others.

The online course should be continually evolving based on student evaluations and other data that drives improvement.  Closing the loop is imperative for learning.  There are several tools for revision and reflection that enhance effective devlopment of online course, in addition to stakeholders.  

I do like the idea of peer evaluations.  I have used them in the classroom but struggled with students not providing constructive criticism.  Instead, giving thier peer the highest ratings.  I think it takes time to educate the useage of peer evaluations with high school students and think it would be a challenge through an online course.

Using multiple tools to evaluate a course gives us valuable feedback, and allows us to improve more than one area moving forward

With the exposure of multiple learning tools s student will succed and with detailed understanding. Instructors can evaluated his or her classes and mofify as needed.

I see that I will need multiple tools to provide feedback that is needed to make critical, meaningful, continuous changes that enhance your online course.

It is important to use a variety of evaluations from various sources in evaluating and editing course content and design.

Revision and improvement are functions of a variety of types and sources of data.  Using the quantitative data to inform the qualitative data can lead to a rich understanding of both what outcomes look like and why they appear this way.  This information is then used to make course improvements.

Course revision is an ongoing process, using multiple sources of assessment and feedback to determine how best to revise the course.

More data and more ways of evaluating something is always going to be better in the long run, so yes use all the data and quality resource to evaluate the course is needed.

Overall excellent ideas and practical application of course evaluation theory as well as every day technique. Great defintions of quantitative data versus qualitative data and using multiple forms and types of data when evaluating courses, your own (teacher / instructor) performance and the overall ability of your course or program to accomplish it's most important goal: Helping the student! 

Learned the importance of creating multiple evaluations.

It was important to know that course assessments need to be completed by more than just students.

I need to utilize multiple methods of evaluation when it comes to revising the design of a course.  Student evaluations are not enough to base changes upon.

Evaluation of the course needs to be from multiple sources and ongoing to be effective

There needs to be multiple ways to evaluate students. This allows us to know what a student knows and a clear picture of what they need support with. 

Using student portfolios as a way to determinie what the students think is important, regarding learning indie the classroom.  We have portfolios that the students complete.

Multiple online stakeholders are needed to evaluate your online course. Both quantitative and qualitative data are necessary to evaluate. Peer evaluation and feedback can impact your online course by identifying strong and weak areas of communication with students. Evaluation is crucial to making the online course better and better. Outside resources can assist with assessing students.

Sign In to comment