Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Constant self and peer evaluation of your course using multiple methods is key to making sure your content is on track with your syllabus.

Multiple evaluations are needed to support learning and instructional evaluation is needed to verify relevancve and effectiveness.

Multiple methods are necessary for evaluation to close the loop.  I had never heard that term used in this context before - excellent term, for it shows the crucial connection with preparation and final evaluations.

It is easy to get in a rut when evaluating.  Great suggestions that I will put back in my toolbox for use.

The takeaway from this section is that it is important to use multiple data to revise a course, and create mutliple evaluation methods to help do so.

Constantly evaluating and making appropriate changes to the online course is a necessary reality of distance learning, just as it would be in the brick-and-mortar classroom.

Having other teachers and using other programs to look at a course to see if it flows and works would be something you would want to do before you had students working through it. Student evaluations would only be one part of closing the loop on making a course better.

This segment stressed the importance  of having multiple evaluations of the course from beginning to end to "close the loop', to use output from the course to make changes in the system inputs.

multiple evaluations and multiple sources are needed for student evaluation.

I learned so much about multiple evaluations!  This will be a constant part of my lesson plan. It also helps with delivery of teaching new information when you think about the evaluation/s that will follow.  Great lesson!

All that I can say about this module is that there really isn't too many ways to evaluate what the curricullum is, nor what it can be.

Seth Soronnadi

That never use student evaluations to revise courses.That what is needed is multiple evaluations and multiple inputs from stakeholders to improve online courses. Also it is important to have a plan of action to review course and that reflection is part of course evaluation.

It is imperative to use multiple types of evaluations to make changes to or analyze your course. The numerous evaluations to choose from either provide effectiveness feedback to the student, instructor, or institution.

Reviewing and revising is critical to student success in a relevant learning process for all stakeholders.  It's key to use multiple sources of evaluation and data collection analysis in the this process.

It is important not only to get feedback from students, but Also other educators when evaluating the effectiveness of the lessons.

Using multiple rescource for evaluation is important for face to face classes and online classes

It is important to gather data from many areas to ensure you can identify what worked well and what need revision.  Identifying how to gather this information and interpreting what it is telling you, will be important for the success of your class.  

Gaining insight from multiple sources can help greatly in shoring up weaker aspects of your online course.

Multiple evaluations are needed.  I liked the discovery of the SALG website to better assess from the student's perspective!  I added a bookmark for this website.

Reply to Sarah Walters's post: Sara I agree that our students need multiple learning resources to meet their learning expectations.

Submitted by: Marilyn Renfroe

Sign In to comment