Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

It can be very frustrating when course links for videos, YouTube, etc. do not work. Verify that every tech component like that is working prior to the course opening for the student. If it isn't working, prioritize a fix and reach out to your school's IT department, if necessary, to resolve. 

Meaningful feedback is a very important part of any learning environment, allowing learners to monitor and track their performance, while making sure they’re on the right path towards their goals. Feedback is also a valuable tool for educators, with discussions with learners helping content creators to assess the effectiveness of their materials and improve processes.

I learned that feedback is a key part in learning, how can you improve if you don't know what you could have done better. I feel like this can apply to instructors as well, although students look up to us for the feedback I feel like we should look up to the students as well so that we too can become better at what we do.

Feedback is critical to an online learner, and should be through multiple modalities that encourage the learner positively. 

I learned about the signifigance of Rubrics for both students and the teacher.

Needs to be meaningful and connected to the course objectives. Make sure the students understand the purpose of the assignment.

Providing meaningful feedback to the students with a positive tone is a vital reinforming to their learning.

Feedback and Assessment (Summative and Fromative) are critical to successful learning

Formative assessments are a great way to prepare students for the summative assessments. I can see using formative assessments to engage students in a more focused way and also to solidify learning objectives. 

I learned that students expect and deserve feedback from instructors.  Feedback improves learning and helps students improve writing skills.

I like the idea of peer assessment. I typically utilize this assessment method in lab exercises, however, I can see how it might be useful in other learning environments as well. 

Without feedback, how do students learn and improve? 

Feedback is key to helping students through online learning.

Including your insight as a Professor is essential as the students really could use the feedback as a way to alter or better understand the topic in question. 

I have used rubric to provied justification for grade and feedback. I am not sure if the two must be separated. This is also supported with other forms of feedback at the same time. I will use visual and audio feedback more often.

Providing different forms for student communication is key along with providing feedback, having appropriate rubrics, and utiilzing assessments to benchmark student retention and participation. 

Immediate feedback is so important to the students. The longer it takes for a response there is loss of the student's train of thoughts and ideals. This could also lead to a loss of interest in the assignement.

Feedback is essential to their learning process.

I learned that when developing rubrics to evaluate assignments, the most important components are criteria and objectives.

Rubrics need to be tied to objectives and outline specific criteria

Sign In to comment