Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Making clear and concise messages with an outline of how to post with specific information will lead to better communication. Thewre are different ways to engage students, seeking out different learning types to keep everyone involved. 

Keeping conversations active will help keep students engaged in what they are learning and discussing.

In the E-learning enviornment it is important to engage the student through the discussion board and encourage the students to interact with each other.

personally i would love to respond to my student with in 2 hours

As a teacher giving feedback online I need to always be encouraging to participate, building their confidence to feel free to respond, and motivating them to not be afraid. 

I learned that it is important to always engage your student both synchronous or asynchronous.

In this section, I will take the opportunity to personalize my responses and control the pace of my text chat by maintaining a continual flow of information between you and the participants. 

Having asynchronous discussions give equal opportunity for each student to participate. Instructor's timely feedback is important to encourage continued student engagement. 

I learned the difference from Asynchronous and Synchronous and ways to use them in class. Also learned how to keept the class discussion active and engaging

Discussion questions I have learned is a great way for asynchronous learning.

Keeping students engaged is critical, but you must use care in technique, so that none are lost along the way...discussions and quizzes help assess this.

Synchronous discussions will more often than not be challenging to keep track of, it is easier and creates higher information retention to utilize asynchronous discussions as much as possible; you must alway be mindful of your word choice and tone to have positive outcomes and performance

Identifying the learning styles of your students will help you identify behaviors so you can modify discussions and determine whether it is appropriate to be synchronous or asynchronous.

I didn't think about how online courses can really benefit student who may be introverted or shy and may not be comfortable participating in discussions during a face-to-face class.  An online, asynchronous class can really help students like this and they would feel more comfortable participating in a chat session via typing.

Keep students engage through the discussion board. 

It was interesting reading more about synchronous discussions with students.

In order to encourage shy or slow readers   do not do large synchronous  discussions, rather one on one.

The info re: asynchronous or synchronous discussions was informative

Feedback should be motivation and constructive critiscim if needed. It is not recommended to use synchronous discussions to instruct important course content or get a feel for students' understanding of the concept.  

This was an interesting section.   Prior to this study, I would have thought that synchronous meetings were better.  I was glad to learn about asynchronous forums and their use.

Sign In to comment