Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

I have learned that a brief biography of the instructor and one from the students will be the ice-breaker for establishing a relationship with students, as well as projecting your authority and presence. I appreciate the differnce techniques of how to project your authority in the E-learning environment while makin students feel comfortable.

I did my Masters in Nursing Education completely online and most of my professors followed the guidelines discussed in this module.  Despite not being face-to-face, I felt welcome, acknowledged, and that my contributions to the class were appreciated.  This module verifies for me that the essentials of online education were followed.  The information provided here gives me the impetus to put things in place for my current students to make them feel welcome and appreciated.  

I learned great ideas for this module. I like the studnet biography as a initial assisgnment. The importance of the student being comfortable in accessing their course.

As a bedside nurse, we are encouraged to build a rapport with our patients. The same idea goes in an academic setting, with our patients being replaced with adult learners. Before the course starts, I always post "6 Fun Facts About Me" as a way to introduce myself and promote interaction between the students. The students answers also allow me to get to know my students even before we have officially met. 

Sharing Credentials, and experiences assert the teachers capability and authority with the learners

This module was extremely helpful to me in understanding how to manage a classroom online. I now know how to project my presence and authority and the best way to do that.  I now know how to establish relationships and trust with my students and how to make the class more interactive for them.  I have already made a video of my biography and added to my template.  Thanks!

I realize that online learners need a relationship withthe teacher just as classroom students.

Instructors must know how to influence, persuade, inspire and energize their students. . Students will feel comfortable and secure  knowing their instructor will be supportive and interested in their success. Presenting a short biography of oneself and showcasing expertize will help give gtudents confidence in the instructors ability. .I believe sharing both teacher and student information will lead to a more comfortable and confident environment.

I learned how important it is for the student to know about the instructor. It will make it easier to ask for help if needed.

In order to protect your presnece it is necessary to participate in group by asking and analyzing the right questions, listening, offerring verbal cue and being pyhsically present. We should provide students with a short Bio of our academic credentials and achievements as well as our professionalexperiences and achievements.

It is reasuring to know how important it is for the instructor to create an effective communication system with them in order to ease their worries on who they are dealing with as an instructor.

I learned that instructors must be familiar with each student's biography in order to deliver instructions and meet the needs of individual students.

Distance learning has similarities with face-to-face classroom learning. The instructor must gain authority when the students know the teacher's credentials and experience.

The Projecting Your Presence Module has taught me the importance of showcasing my expertise via a short biography of myself that includes my educational credentials, achievements, and professional experience when instructing via a distant learning model.  Prior to this module, I would have only stated this information on a designated website such as the school and district websites instead of embedding my information into the distant learning experience.  

You don't have to be an authoritharian to make your presence known and being respected.

Coming from an industrial  background, I have a good deal of trade experience, but not nearly as much educational experience. I will focus on presenting myself accordingly as my accredidations in education are still evolving. 

I am learning how to be a leader and direct the conversations/learning experiance, without being physically present to the learner. 

As I already have an in-person relationship with my students from earlier in the year (before the closure), I am now needing to make sure that my online presence gives them the same "safety" that my in class presence did so they feel comfortable to ask questions, get help, and generally get something out of this experience.

I plan to use the student biography part to get to know my students and for them to get to know each other. I will start my class online but hope to return to on ground before the class is over. This will be a great way to meet and know more about each other.

Student perform better when they feel that they are all on the same level.  I always let them know that is OK to fail as long as you use it as an agitator to compell you to succeed.  I believe that you should not send your student somewhere you haven't been. (Military, US Army)

Strategies and approaches used in traditional classroom are the same with online learning. Both of them are utilize to inspire, energize, influence and encourage students to be more creative and paricipative. 

Sign In to comment