Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

fostering personal connections and understanding among students in an online learning environment can lead to unexpected and enriching collaborations

Provide an open and welcoming environment, online to the students for a great outcome on particcipation.

It is important for students to be aware of your credentials for teaching the course, but also not to get too familiar. Students should feel comfortable asking you questions regarding in field experience. Be sure to keep regular office hours listed frequently.

I am reminded that incorporating the personal with the professional can be an effective pairing when relating more to students and making the material more relevant to their lives.

Re-emphasized the importance of developing professional relationships  with students

Students learn best online when they feel they are supported,  have one-on-one interactions, and the instructor becomes more personal with completing a thorough biography/picture on the course.

Mentally preparing myself to project my presence online and make sure that I’m giving them the best of me.

I learned the best ways to get my students to trust me and my experience, how to make them feel supported, and how I can ensure to have a good instructor-student relationship.

Comment on Robyn Parker's post: Online learning is a new experience for many students and instructors. I think introducing yourself with the bio and picture will be very helpful. Having the students do the same is a great way for the class to get to know each other and for the instructor to begin knowing the individual students. 

I learned the importance of being human. Sharing with students my past experience and  academic career helps develop better professional relationships through online courses. 

I really like the idea of asking students to provide a biography as their first assignment. I think that this will help establish a good rapport with them online.

Developing a one on one relationship with the students is crucial

Students require background information about the instructor to develop test and report. 

My goal is to make the online learning journey enriching and interactive for all students. I will clearly communicate my expertise and authority, fostering an environment of confidence and clarity. Open communication, setting expectations, and encouraging collaboration will be integral to my teaching approach. I will actively engage with students, providing personalized feedback and creating opportunities for interaction. Maintaining a supportive and approachable demeanor, I aim to build strong connections and establish a conducive learning community. 

Mohd Ali

Building a good relationship with each student is paramount, while creating an energized environment.

Being committed to getting to know a little about each student. Posting your credentials to let them know you are qualified to teach your subject; also add a little about a personal interest. This may open a connection for rapport with the students and open a conversation.

Knowing your students is very important. Calling them by their name of preference is a very good way to establish a good and honest relationship with each student. 

I really liked the idea of having students post their biographies. Too often, it's just the instructor doing this and a student bio is a great way to get to know them. 

I enjoyed the different suggestions that I had not thought of

share with a bio of oneself and make the experience positive

Sign In to comment