Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Adapting learning strategies to establish and nurture mutual trust, harmony, respect, and understanding among students is a method that can not only be used in person but can also be used in the online classroom to inspire new ideas and creativity. The same level of care and dedication that is needed in the in-person classroom is also needed in the online classroom.

The importance of showcasing myself and all of my accomplishments. I don't usually do some of this as I feel like it is boasting. But also having a video bio is just as good as a text bio. 

It is important to share experiences and information about myself and have students share as well to learn about their back grounds.

Keeping my students engaged with activities to do during the session will help with their confidence and retention.

In this section I learned how important it is not only for the students to get to know a little about myself, hobbies and activities beyond my professional expertise but also for me to get to know about them beyond academia

The importance of being mentally prepared to teach an online course as online instructors must know how to influence, persuade, inspire, and energize their students just like in a classroom setting is something that stood out to me.  

Our college offers hybrid format courses.  I found the methods suggested for online course formats to create educational richness and increase positive learning beneficial.   I actually employed some of these methods during the pandemic, when our format was 100% online.  I;ll confess that I find the hybrid model challenging - I look forward to revisiting my methods to seek better integration of these principles to our hybrid modality.

It is important to get to know your students and allow your students to get to know you as well. This well set up a good base for a learning relationship throughout the class. 

It is a critical part of my teaching responsibilities to be sure to learn about each student from the beginning of each new class.

I learned how important it is to make your presence felt and that the students feel supported by that presence. I also learned the many ways to accomplish this with specific online communication methods. 

My takeaways in this module would be to post a biography about me in my classes and ask the students to talk about themselves. I always try to build a great community in my courses but I think this could help me more. 

Maintaining accessibility to the learner and providing insight on your background may assist the learner to establish success and setting expectations. 

It is important to get to know your students as much as they need to get to know you providing print out will help to navigate the class. 

I learned that I should create a bio and get my students to do a bio on the first day.

In e-learning making discussion pages is a vital tool to keep students engaged with each others and with their instructor too. These discussions can be material related and can be used as a feedback and evaluation means to improve the quality of the learning experience. 

Learnt about the importance of knowing each others background in order to have a good working relationship, establishing teacher-learner relations and projecting instructor's credentials to gain learners respect, even behind the computers.  

It is important to share who you are and what you bring to the students so they will feel comfortable doing the same throughout the course. Communication is the main way to promote positive student outcomes. The instructor should blaze the trail from day one to set expectations. 

Its important to get to know your students even if your not face to face. This will allow you to connect on a student teacher level.

I learned the comparative of classroom face to face and e-Learning. Strategies can be used from in person to on-line.

This module gave some very good examples of how to make your presence known to your online learners. I liked sending a personal bio and then asking the students to do the same.

Sign In to comment