Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

I like the idea of posting a profile for both myself and the students. However, in my lectures I always include short stories of where I had seen a particular problem or sometimes something completely unrelated such as a project that I worked on the previous weekend.

Short biography of myself as well as the student is a gret way to "Break the ice" and form a trusting relationship

I always furnish proof of my experience and training during Day 1.  I also comment on why the subject(s) we will address are relevent to their careers.  I'll admit it never came to me that I should -or could-include much of the same from students.  I have asked questions such as "Why did you sign on" during the first week in a manner that all could relate to, but I now believe this could be a better way to do so.

I learned how important it is to communicate with the student, being able to get to know them, how they learn, their study habits and how they absorb the matrial given.  It is important to establish a relationship from the first day, letting them know that as an instructor I willl be there to answer any questions or doubts they may have.

It is important to be able to presnt yourself as a competent, experienced faculty to gain respect and engage students online

 

I appreciated the importance of earning student trust by providing information to them about my credentials and expereinces. Relevancy matters!

 

It is important to communicate clearly, directly and honestly from the start of the course to help improve the online relationship with students.

It is important for students to learn about you and your credentials and also a bio about the students. 

 

I have learned that you can make a relationship with your students online. To help with establishing a relationship online between the students, you need to let them know about yourself. I would like to have my students provide a biography to share with others so they can also get to know their classmates. 

 

Introductions that include professional highlight academics accomplishments and personal interests can help humanize you as a teacher and as a person. Asking the students to introduce themselves to each other, in the same way, can create a more comfortable learning environment online classroom.

I have learnt the importance of knowing that the online instructors must know how to influence, persuade, inspire and energize their students, in the same manner of that of a traditional classroom environment. Such implementations are necessary and I will continue to project these in my online classroom as this will enable the students to feel more comfortable and knowing that they have an instructor that brings in motivation and support that is essential towards the success of the students

Introductions are a good way to break the ice in any online course. I intend to use the biography suggestion to do just that with future e-learning courses I may teach. 

 

It is usful to have a place where there is a forum or such that the students can engage the teacher that will help interact that not only incorporates the lessons,

 

There are many ways an instructor can support and reassure students that you are availble for them during their learning experience. Remembering to be consistent,  mediate frequent positive, constructive feedbacks and interactions in different ways mentioned will keep students engaged and help build those relationships.

 

It's important to establish credibility by including educational background and prior experience in the instructor's bio.  

You will have to develop a trust with your students and them with you, let them know that you are there to provide them with the best education as possiable.

I learned that it is important to learn as much about your students as possiable. This will help you to help or offer help to student that may be dealing with learning disorders.

I understand that students should feel assured that you are not only available but knowledgeable as well in the content. I like the idea of the student biography as an ice breaker. 

 

It's very important to develop a positive relationship with students from day one. It's important to be available to them for one-on-one help if they need it in Zoom or other online communication software.

 

I Learned how to establish report with your students by first introducing yourself to them and listing your academic credentials.  Then you have them write a short biographical entry about them selfs and hopefully have them read them to the class.  I understand the importance of answering students questions promptly and maintaining a professional atomsphere.  

 

Sign In to comment