Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

It's important to know your course and the platform you use. 

found it interesting to see all the different tasks and support that will be on us as instructors.

I really enjoyed learning about the different types of challenges and opportunities in communication. I learned how easy it is to misunderstand people or misread a person due to lack of knowledge on how to communicate. I look forward to applying what I am learning in my daily way of living and my work life.

In fully online classes, we also have to make sure the students we are seeing are the ones that are enrolled. We should have them submit a photo ID at the begining of the course. We should also take a screen shot of them while taking their tests.

While online courses are an easy way for students to feel comfortable in their own environment for learning, online course delivery can also pose problems within the Course Management System with technical issues that are often unavoidable. Making sure the students have access to the technical support for their course is essential since technology issues can occur at any time during an online program. 

The online process requires both students and instructors to take active roles. The online model emphasizes an interactive learning environment. It is important that instructors keep an active role and respond promptly to students' questions and answers. Instructors should also communicate consistently throughout the course and should check in with students often—providing substantive feedback on an assignment at least once a week—to keep students engaged and on track. Frequent communication is a key way to make sure students have the support they need to succeed.

use the same tools to reach the same goal in different courses.

I learned that as an instuctor it is essential for you to understand how the learning management system works to be able navigate and guide our students towards success. We also need to have a strong understanding of course objections to ensure that we are helping our students learn the various topics covered in each course. In an online enviorment students tend to get frustrated when they can figured things out so it is important that I am keeping open communication with each student in the class.  

I learned to familiarize with my institutions CMS. Students are more comfortable with online learning when they know their instructor is knowledgeable of the course information and format.

Turnaround time is something I am very big on. Our generation cannot wait for 1-minute microwavable rice! Students are not fond of waiting for an answer or inquiry. However, it is important as an online instructor that we are prompt. Taking too much time can be detrimental towards the student experience. Consequences of delayed responses are loss of motivation, interest in program or course, pace, student becoming upset, un-invested, etc...just to name a few. 

E-Learning/asynchronous environments can provide some unique learning opportuinities if the instructor properly prepares, sets the tone for an environment in which students can participate constructively, stays engaged, and ensures the technical aspects of the system are functioning properly and easy to use.

The easiest way to have a succesful online course is for the instructor to also become familiar with its instituion CMS. We need to feel comfortable accessing all the tools of the CMS such as evaluations, roster, gradebook, etc.

I have learned the importance of having good knowledge of the CMS system that is being used and for technical support to be available for the teacher and the students are I will make sure that there is a orientation of the CMS system as a part of the start of the course make sure that the technical contact is readily available and easily access and make sure I verify that the students computers have the software and hardware required for the system 

This module allows you to see the generalities of distance education. As an instructor of this modality I regularly put these instructions into practice. I liked seeing this material summarized and it made me reflect on it.

In this module I learned that the online instructor must know how to use the CMS because that way he can design the class in a way that the student feels motivated.

I learned that as an online instructor - there are several ways to interact with the students and make sure that they are undersatnding the information in which you are delivering.

I will be using feedback from students and instructors in order to keep the content up to date

To help ensure proper communication we have to be prepared and consider our method of delivery prior to taking the step of communication. Is F2F, a phone call, or email best in different situations? This is important to ask ourselves. 

I consider that managing the techniques and strategies for delivering the course is the most important part of being able to deliver e-learning courses.
All the points mentioned in this topic are very important to achieve the learning of our students.
For me, this remark and reminder have been extremely useful.
I usually use most of these strategies in my courses and the students feel very comfortable and grateful with my courses.

I will have to say making sure to look over all cotent being taught as well as each students schedule to see what there needs may be and how I can best help then be susseced online and stay motaviated.

Sign In to comment