Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

apply to Blackboard courses

To educate using technology as a means of delivery, it is necessary to break previous ideas, be creative and think about the different methodologies that we can use, such as video, video games, group dynamics, offline activities. It is not that it is better or worse compared to conventional education, it is simply different and it is a challenge for us as teachers to flow with change.

In the online learning format of course delivery methods students maintain higher levels of engagement with facult who are familiar with the CMS and most importantly supportive of the students. The classroom standards and guidelines must be clearly detailed in support of student success. 

to ensure success different instuctors with have different delivery methods

It was interesting to see how the course was broken down into a tree like system and knowlege of the CMS system along with the ability to support the sudents is key to success.

It is essential to understand the importance of being able to navigate through the CMS and be available to my students are successful.

CMS is the engine that I will utilzie to ensure I give adequate knowledge to all of my students. Learning and staying familiar with all avenues of the CMS will enable me to continue being the best instructor I can be. 

It is important to engage students and not just expect them to be sponges passively absorbing material. Students must feel secure in knowing the course requirements, what's expected of them as learners and that they have support from their instructor and institution.

This module teaches us about how to pose questions online and participate in discussion forums and online strategies for learning and feedback

Learning management system for this course is very instructional for online strategies. Communication is the key to success. I am happy to learn about various forms of communication through the online learning platform

This module was effective in learning the online teaching strategies and communication is the key to success

Teaching online learners are great as they have to learn the strategies remotely. Professional expertise of the instructor and motivation to learn the strategies are good tools to promote learning

I have used Canvas from both sides - as a student and now as an administrator. Canvas is a great tool and is almost a one-stop shop for many CMS and LMS requirements. The only thing I have not see OOTB is a chat module. That may or may not be necessary if the courses are completely asynchronous.

How the course is organized and structured and greatly influence student success.

I learned that it is important to know the Course Management System well in order to support the online learner. Also, be familiar with course delivery techniques and strategies. 

The e-learning environment, learners comfort and security is high priority when they know that someone will be there to support them through all of the things that could go wrong. Learning the students needs are important to have a successful course online

I

e-learning environment, students have a higher sense of comfort and security when they are convinced that someone will be there to support them and make their learning experience great. I will find out what my students needs are so I can help them be a successful learner.

Nakeisha Cotton

I've learned that being in an online environment, the expectations are different than those of an in person learning environment.  Students tend to be more comfortable and at ease believing that they have more support.  I will take this information and use the tasks provided to ensure the students are getting everything they need for their online learning experience.

I learned about addtiional factors to consider when preparing for an online course. This includes, easy access to reference materrial and technical support.

It is important to learn what the educational portal provides as users can be interpreting it differently and we need to uniform in some of its basic approach

Sign In to comment