Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

The goal of education is to provide content and experiences to students to enable them to progress educationally. 

Instead of simply giving students reading material and quizzes, interactive content that is well structured by topic is beneficial for distance learning.

I have learned that it is important to have intellectual interactions with peers and the instructors of the online courses. If that does not happen then the students may feel disconnected and not want to learn as much

Well thought out course to get my students on the right track

Measurable outcomes that are visible, simple navigation, a clear structure, and quality media are all powerful tools for instructional design. My question is, how do we get a community to buy in?

It's important for students to have interaction with their teachers. Merely 6% of students are online learners (2019)

Creating modules to stimulate active learning with visual and interactive activities creates a quality online course

I have learned that organization and interaction are crucial for an effective instructional experience.

Great Course!

Quality learning and quality interaction is key to design and development. 

I can now appreciate how, for many learners, an online (or correspondence) course can provide an enhanced learning experience with better learning retention compared to a traditional in-person course. This amazing result is possible because an online course can provide and integrate a variety of methods to engage the student - video, audio, chat, discussion boards, knowledge checks, and so on. By varying the way that content is delivered and discussed, the instructor--through an online course--can reach the varied learning styles of students.

Structural Integrity enables better navigation which lends itself to a better student centered learning experience.

I have learned that having a quality online course means that you must have all of the quality engagement areas that will stimulate all learners no matter their learning style. That means that one must be adept at communicating the same information in several ways. 

Interaction modules are very important

I agree that it needs to be easy to navigate from the very beginning and throughout so as not to lose the students interest. Also incorporating different learning styles is key so it doesn't get boring.

Learned some history of online courses.Design of the course should be based on modules,lessons and topics.Navigational simplicity is important to navigate through the course content.Course should include activities to engage learners with the instructor and with other students.

The importance of engaging learners in multi-sensory experience focused their attention is so necessary. We are regularly very different but on this day the situation needs to increase much more the retention levels for content and learners.

The activity pyramid was a good. 

Online Courses still need to be interactive with Discussion and strong feeback on questions with the use Intellectual Interaction. Navigation needs be simple and relevent to the learner to encourage quality participatoin. Online will continue to grow qnd improve in development of disntant learning.

It is important to have interactive courses in order to appeal to all learning syles. 

Sign In to comment