Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

My takeaway is the student's first impression. If they see an intuitive sturucture, they are inclined to stay engaged. 

Zach Bernal

first the student must have internet access and a reliable laptop or desktop and must have some skill to understand how to navigate on the computer. This must be a priorty with students and  by the instructor teaching the courses to reduce stress to the students.

Second the modules are great so students understand  each of the modules will help the students to navigate through the courses in a easy way so they do not get discouraged and having studente drop.

You need all four charactereristics to design the best online instructions which will inspirer the student to learn at higher levels.

It would be important when creating online lessons to break the lesson down into modules, lessons and topics, and be sure to create links so that it is easy for the user/learner to navigate. Otherwise, they could become frustrated. 

Student's need a course that's easy to follow and understand when a teacher and peers are not physically avaiable to help.  Having the breakdown of learning modules into lesseons helps the student's understand and follow the course content.  Navigation buttons also another way to allow ease of access to the student's.  

A well laid out and organized online learning system that allows for different type of learners to be successful. 

Learning will be more beneficial if there is organization and sequence in the course with multiple ways to learn. I will make sure if online teaching I will break the units into modules to make it more organized not only for students but also for myself.

An absence of easy navigation can be demoralizing to the student, especially at the start of the class. It's like having a party and not inviting guests in to the house

A course has structural integrity if its content is borken up into coherent sections based on rational framework. All content should be accessable, varied, and on level.

It is important to present the instruction in a format that every student can easily format. I feel like I spent more time trying to get my flash plug-ins to work than I did engaged in the lesson content.

Adding rich media and meaningful interactivity requires a fair amount of planning and refinement. 

The structure of course helps the student understand the large concepts to smaller concepts. 

A successful and effective online course should provide presentations of content in multiple forms, structural integrity, and navigational simplicity.  These components enhance student interaction, better retention of subject matter, allows students to focused and stay engaged during the course.

Course design is the foundation of intsruction.

By utilizing a multi sensory experience, you will improve student knowledge retention levels. 

The one thing I found of interest was the hierarchy of learning levels. It made sense to me but was a reinforcer for my understanding of course design. I want to remember the concept as I move forward. I have always known it existed in my mind but had not seen a pyramid as a descriptor for the idea. 

Rick

I am very proud to work for a College that is well prepared and has the syllabus very easy to understand and follow it. The modules and assignments are broken into each week and are very easy to read and complete their assignments. I really enjoy being able to learn from Max Knowledge and to continue learning more online classes. So many changes online education and I am grateful our school provides that for us. 

What I have learned from this module is understanding that E-learning is learning that enables the use of the internet. E-learning is characterized by structural integrity, navigational simplicity, active learner-centered learning and intellectual interaction. Structural integrity which refers to the how the course is segmented into modules and lessons. Navigational simplicity refers to how the learners easily move throughout the course.  E-learners have varied learning styles that is why active learner-centered learning is essential, by using multimedia delivery methods to engage learners. This module provided me a clear understanding on how intellectual interaction is the process of assessing comprehension by creating interactions on a higher level rather than merely clicking on links. I will apply this when creating lessons for my students this upcoming school year. Our school year will start exclusively on-line and I now have tools on ways to create engaging lessons for my students.

Clearly navigational simplicity via a friendly-user interface is a key component of quality online teaching.

Linear workflows of teaching are important to proper learning as are considerations of a variety of learning styles. But student interaction is even more important to retention of new knowledge. When designing and teaching my classes I would be sure to include a simple, logical, pathway for my students so that they can easily focus on the content of the class where the real rigor should exist. I would also be sure to include a variety of activities which would be more likely to approach student's comprehension from as many different senses as possible so that they could again improve comprehension. And in order to improve retention of knowledge I would also include discussion boards and similar activities in addition to the regular testing and research assignments.

Sign In to comment