Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Having been previously used to conveying information in class I initially struggled with a format that would be effective for online use. The fact that the quality of the content being made available to the student can be multisensory almost caught me off guard as I had been too narrow in my original thinking. The structural learning and navigational simplicity were obvious and helpful but the learning centered approach to stimulating the student with its increased retention is where I found myself most focused.    

The 'best' course is all about the design of it so that it is student-centered, stimulates critical thinking and has a high level of interaction so  motivating students to be active learners vs. passive ones

Structural Integrity info included some great reminders about organization - even in the traditional classroom it is easy for students to get lost when multiple pieces of information are thrown at them along with the changes that occur along the way. Very helpful for all students but especially students who deal with ADHD or anxiety to have a clear understanding of what to expect and when.  That plays right into the navigational simplicity and the importance of having access to the needed materials readily available and easy to access.

Integrating a lot of different interactions with online instruction is key to providing your students with a quality education.

A good online course is well organized and easy to navigate. It will be visually engaging and balanced. It is important to present material that students can engage with in a variety of ways. That said, of course shouldn't be too busy or overwhelming.

Varying multiple platforms of media and case studies to invigorate critical thinking.

This section showed me that the quality and organization of a digital format can have a huge impact on a students ability to learn.

I leaned that the quality of an online class affects the how much learning takes place.  So, I plan to make my online classes with various interactive tools.

It is important for students to feel that they are contributing to a course in an intellectual capacity. This means instructor/student interaction is very important. 

Since the pandemic, I think online learning has become even more successful and found to be more useful that in previous years. I am currently enrolled in school that is online learning. I'm thankful for it because without it I wouldn't be able to go to a face to face class each day due to my schedule. I think that as years go by, more and more consumers will find themselves in favor of the online style courses.

I feel the presentation of lesson material needs to flow in a linear fashion and include media elements for all types of learners. 

Quality media and interaction increase learning. 

Intellectual interaction.

Designing an online course that includes overt consideration of the four online course characteristics is a solid framework that will assist in delivery and learner knowledge retention.  The structural integrity of the course facilitates a coherent course that builds topics, into lessons, then modules.  Navigational Simplicity allows the learner to focus on content and not technical ability. Active learner-centered learning encourages multi-sensory learning and instructor engagements.  Finally, Intellectual Interaction encourages interaction of high-quality media strategies, and interaction between students and instructors leads to higher retention.  

An online class needs to be organized very well to make it easy for the students to navigate through.

Online learning is a not new it has been around for a while and this company needs help making there materials more interesting.  This is not a mail in, it is virtually boring. 

Courses should be well organized, structured, and easily navigated.  Student learning is enhanced when they are engaged as contributors to the learning process.     

I learned that having structural design, navigational simplicity, and learner-centered approach are the elements of a well-designed online course. 

I have learned that online courses need to be easy to navigate and sequential and lead to the course objectives.  The courses need to be multi-sensory to engage each student's learning style and increase retention of material.  

Having a simple well designed course that facilitates student interaction will aid in learning and retention.

Sign In to comment