Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Diverse course design with multiple types of avtivites stimulates student interest in the course.

I loved learning about the history of distance education. I didn't know it went back ti the 1700s. 

This is interetsing. I think good online courses need to have a lot of discussion. 

Engaging interaction - keeps students attentive and learning 

Course Integrity = Sound foundation to the success of the online course design. Interaction and engagement opportunities must be built in so students see how relevant their learning is to their academic growth and that of their peers. 

Reply to Maria Jimenez's post: I admire how pleased you are with your school's syllabi and course design. I'm curious, what woud you like to see changed or improved?

Being able to acknowledge that online courses do have some benefits and taking that knowledge to develop courses will help build a good learning base. 

Having a well-planned and executed online course will help students not only want to learn but feel a sense of comfort in their learning. 

The content of online courses should be very informative and includes variety of media so that the learning process of students is directed positively towards the objectives of the course

Very well designed course.

Walter

Very imformayive , structured in a way to make learning easy.

The information given here crystalizes what I have been doing intuitively as an online educator since 2013.  On-target to coin the term "structural integrity" with the comparison to building construction.  I will look for an opportunity to create a "virtual field" trip for my students.  Excellent suggestion!

The structure of a course and interaction among peers and with the instructor are critical to the effectiveness of a course. 

Make online courses interctive in order to be engaging. 

In this module I have learned that structual integrity and navigational simplicity are important when designing an online course.  The more structure the course has with navigational support the better the students will be able to learn.  Engaging students in their learning can increase their intellectual interactions and assist them in improving.

In this training module I have learned that having easy to naviage modules with lessons will help the learner to naviage the online course. these are tips definitely used when developing my online courses. 

Easy (and consistent) navigation is important for learners.  It evokes confidence in knowing what to do and where in the course.

Reply to Amy Horak's post: Reply to CRAIG MICHAUD's post: This is true, easy navigation and interactions make online courses lively. In addition, students interact more when the post is kept simple, but engaging.

This information wasn't new to me, but I often think student to student interaction in course design is easily overlooked.  I plan to continue to explore new ways to promote these learning opportunities in my courses.

Online courses are becoming increasingly popular and are offered at most schools. Learning how to easily  the programs will be vital to student success. 

Sign In to comment