Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

It would be beneficial if I learned a few different teaching methods to incorporate within each other because everyone has a different form of learning.

Incorporating various learning methods is essential to helping students become successful as they learn. Also, lesson plans are especially useful  to stay organized and on task.

There are several ways to deliver to your students. You need to practice and use different deliveries, while keeping in mind that humans have an attention span of 15-18 minutes. Prepping your class and demos can help ensure less mistakes during delivery. Always take time to review how class went, and sort through anything you may need to adjust for next time.

my takeaway from this mod was to only have 5-7 steps in my demonstrations, every detail doesn't have to be included in the initial demonstration. 

A good delivery is very important towards your students. You want to be able to make it enjoyable at the same time critical. 

It is important to adjust the instructional method to accommodate all learning styles since all students are different. There needs to be a variety of teaching styles incorporated to ensure that each student can grasp the concept. I need to prepare ahead of time, so that I am prepared even when I've taught the same thing numerous times in the past. 

A lot of great information was laid out. Having options for student engagement is very important. Very helpful

Develop a rapport with your students. 

I learned being prepared is a very important. and to model, manage and motivator

Try different methods of teaching.

Developing a lesson plan using a variety of teaching methods based on the student's learning needs and create active learning strategies according to the weekly learning objectives. 

Lecture for 10-15 minutes at a time and include mini breaks, write a detailed lesson plan and arrive early to class to get organized and to engage with the students to feel the mood for the day.

The mini lectures seem to be very effective. Attention spans are short so short breaks and short lectures work great. As far as demonstration goes sometimes keeping it as simple as possible is this best here. If they want more they can get it after the demo.

Practice demonstrations beforehand. Vary teaching style among different lectures.

There are many teaching styles and by choosing different styles you can reach as many students as possible.  Be sure to practice and go over in order to be more comfortable.

I think that it is important to understand the class learning styles and a VARK assessment is a great tool to use on the first day of class to get to know the students.

Varying ways of learning and information sharing can help to reach students with different learning styles. 

have a plan to keep students engaged in their particular learning style

planning is as critical as being inclusive and diverse with getting the information across. types of learning matter. our attention span for learning, and the basic ways we learn.

Make sure to have different teaching styles for the students

Sign In to comment