Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Developing good lecture plans will produse a great lecture

Use varying styles of instruction. Avoid starting the class/lecture the same way every time. Practice all demonstrations before attempting to practice them in class.

I learned it's important to try to implement different learning styles because not every student learns the same way.

Students have a variety of learning styles and short attention spans. Therefore it is best to plan lectures with a variety of delivery methods to keep their interest and give them the best chance of absorbing and then later applying the information.

Using multiple delivery methods during lecture keeps students focused on you as the leader and helps them understand the material better

It is a good idea to occassionally videotape the lecture to see and evaluate how I am presenting the lecture. This illustrates how I am presenting the material and captures my delivery.

Learn something about yourself 

Planning the lesson plan means practicing and testing out the plan before hand and to plan for back ups in the event the plan is not executed as planned on the day of lecture.

Developing lessons plans that are thorough and apply to various teaching styles will ensure successful student engagment. I also learned that there are several lecture styles that appeal to different learners to certain degrees and that some can be combined to deliver education.

I need to vary the way I teach to keep the students interested and to reach as many learning styles as I can.

Know your students learning styles. Organization, preparation, and knowing the content well are essential to delivering the lecture effectively. Use various method to teach to reach students of all backgrounds.

There are several different ways to learn, develop ways so that every one learn. if doing demo refresh with everyone and nott one on one

Lesson plans not only help you but students as well by layng out a clear understanding of the objectives at hand

Remembering that there are so many different styles and ensuring everyone is addressed!!

Have students work right away and have lectures last betweem 10-15 min. 

Always consider the different ways students learn and apply all methods in the lesson plans. We must find creative ways to engage our students and make them feel safe and welcome. 

It was interesting to see how various teaching techniques can be utilized during an allotted lecture time.  Mix up the teaching techniques to keep the students engaged in class.

I learned that learning is constant for both instuctor and student. Preparation is key, helps you and student; and fosters a positive learning environment.  Also there are more than one learning and lecturing styles and the instuctor should know all of them.

Course isntruction should be done in 15-20 minute chunks to better facilitate learning 

It should be common sense but the suggestion to "dry run" or practice before teaching a lesson is key to success. 

Sign In to comment