Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

A great help for the educator in how to improve their presentations and lectures.

various teaching-learning methods should be used to keep the students focussed and attentive during the classes and for the best outcomes.

Use a variety of teaching methods that include opporutnies for routine review throughout instruction.

This module on delivering course content was very intresting, & I learned a lot.  Many things I am already doing, & some I will incorporate into my lectures & demonstrations.

Creating lesson plans:

• Determine the lesson content.
  • State instructional goals
  • Validate the importance.
  • List preformance objectives.
  • Used to evaluate & make improvements.

Make the course relevent:

• Keep lectures of specific content to 15 min, max.
  • Reinforce with more lab demos.
  • I am already going to implement a new text book.
  • Looking at more industry expert videos.

Keeping in mind the learning styles & ways, & delivering content with this in mind:

• Written word, Auditory, Visualization, & Tactile.
  • Trial & Error, Observation, & Doing.

Delivering the lectures & demonstrations:

• State the objective of the lecture before lecturing.
  • Be sure to grab their attention.
  • Keep demos, to 15 min. max, with 5 to 7 steps.

Keith Crawford, Adopt different roles as a lecterer, actor, storyteller, commedian to keep the attention of the listeners.

In this module I learned the importance of using different teaching techniques so that my students have a good chance to learn. I also learned that it is key to be prepared and to practice any demonstrations beforehand, as well as to havethe classroom set up before the students arrive. One thing that I will definitely practice is breaking the lesson into 15 minute blocks

Various teaching methods need to be utilized to maximize learning potential.

It will be beneficial to make notes,practice content, make syllabus, show students the human side of yourself. Be overall prepared to deliver.

Use multiple teaching styles and techniques to teach course content so students do not get bored

Create mini-lectures of 10-15 minutes while using different teaching techniques to keep the students' attention. 

The attention span of most individuals is in the 15-18 minute range.
We generally only remember about 25% of what we hear.
We normally only retain 40% of what we read.
We can listen 4 times faster than we can speak.

Got it! Good stuff!

When developing content remember to adjust to different learning styles and incorporate different methods into your teaching styles.  

How to create a lesson that incorporates different learning strategies to accommodate the varying styles used by students. Prepare for lessons and practice demonstrations prior to implementation. Interact with students. 

Case study learning and Problem based learning

In this section I learned about the varying types of lecture styles.

Lots of great information.  Took notes and will be able to apply much of it to my particular teaching situation.

It is best to practice what you plan to teach beforehand, also, it is important to use resources to help with every learning style present. 

I need to organize my lesson plans and corrdinate the lecture better with the hands-on skills

I need to improve my lessons plans and incooperated the nhands-on skills portion.

There are a lot of styles of presenting information. There isn't one set way to successfully reach all of the students. Be prepared to produce information in a myriad of ways in order to optimize the students' success. Be prepared before you give lectures or do demonstrations. As a Clininical instructor and working in the lab, I will make sure that I have done a run through of what I am going to teach instead of just going off the cuff.

Sign In to comment