Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Being upfront with expectations and what to expect lessens the students anxieties and puts the student and instructor at ease.

It is important to be prepared for the class, use of a daily check list can be beneficial

I learned the importance of well-written learning objectives. I am planning to be sure to write objectives to help accomplish students goals. I also learned the importance of keeping a checklist. I am planning to keep a notepad to be sure I have covered all the material and tasks for a specific day. 

It is always important to be prepared

An important concept I have learned in this course is the importance of a thouroughly outlined and detailed Syllabus. This provides the student with a more broad and extended range of reception and sets the student up for success in gaining knowledge in the information presented.

Clarity in the syllabus is critical

When I was helping organize the logistical concerns in a conference in the Air Force, I was told "If you don't have coffee, there will be a riot."  LOL  I understand for learning to take place, the students need to be comfortable.  From a very real point of view, coffee was necessary to have a good conference.    Also, I like the idea of having a checklist and notepad in the classroom.

Preparation is the key to a successful class and helps students understand materials that needs to be addressed.

I tend to be a little on the ADD side of personalities, I loved the idea of having an outline and also bringing a notepad to jot things down as the class goes by.

It is very important to always be prepared with the proper matierials, technology and even a checklist to go over before class, this sets a good president with you and the students.

A checklist is a great idea, as well as keeping notes throughout class so as not to forget anything.

the importance of having a detailed syllabus

It's important to know what level of difficulty to present to the students. I think this module could have given us some ideas of how to assess what level is needed. I try to ask my boss about the difficulty level they want. I also do Kahoot questions during my lectures to see how many students are understanding the content, and how many are not. 

The course gives details on how to set up a proper syllabus. I plan to apply this to my courses because it will help provide more structure to my class.

Being prepared and having the proper resources will help class run smoothly. Engage with students and allow my personality to shine through as well as presenting expectations and guidelines.

It is important to have a checklist so that you can figure out what was not covered and find a way to incorporate that into the next lesson.

It is important for students to know what the expectations of the classroom are.

It is essential to always be prepared and have a checklist for your class.   The syallbus can be viewed as  a contract between the instructor and students. 

It is important to understand each students educational needs. Also, let your students know that you are a person just like them, but hold them to a professional standard so they can be successful.

It's important to be organized and prepared of what you are are going to cover in the class since this sets the tone and if the course will be a success too. 

Sign In to comment