Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Pre, proper, plan. Arrive early. Make a checklist to stay on task. 

Propper planning and checklists will ensure an easier and productive lesson

Arrive early, to prepare and greet students.

The more detail you can give in a syllabus the better. It is a contract between you and the students. The more you prepare the better you will feel. Always keep a notepad handy.

One thing I took learned from the planning/preparations segment was that the teaching environment is important and arriving early and being prepared sets the tone/environment for the class.

Setting the tone in classroom settings. Allowing students to understand who you are as a person. Always keeping a notepad handy. 

I feel the course was quite helpful, as I have been out of teaching for a while. It refreshed my memories as to certain things that are important and reminded me to always have a notepad, and always have boundaries, yet stay helpful.

Preparation is essential throughout the duration of the class/instructing period. 

This Module encouraged me to explore the course content and objectives ahead of time to prepare. I read how important it is for me to read and understand what the content is saying so that I understand it in a way to be prepared to explain to the the students. 

Being prepared by making sure you have all the supplies and equipment available and having a note pad available to jot down things that are important.  

Thorough preparation and professional competency at all levels is the optimum solution to achieving one's goals and objectives in teaching the course.  This module reinforces what should be for a teacher the intuitive obvious.

make all students accountable learn to know them personally and professionally

know your abc of planning and perparing

Goals are like roadmaps because there are many different ways of getting from one point to another. The key is to get to your destination the quickest, safest, and most direct way. That is what a goal is like. When writing course goals use the road map example to make them clear and direct.

Being prepared and consistent with teaching students. Planning ahead of time to efficiently teach the course to students.

Make sure students understand that a syllabus is a contract between an instructor and a student.  This not only holds the student responsible, but it also holds the instructor responsible for the student when the instructor deviates from the syllabus.  

Make sure your objectives are detailed about what is required from a section of learning. It also gives the course organization and structure.  

EARLY PLANNING IS A KEY to have students respect you and the learning process.

It is important to familiarize yourself with students,be prepared and continue to review the course objectives.

Having a effective Syllabus is a great

way to have a clear understanding of what to expect

in the course and brings orginization.

I like the idea of a checklist, especially in a day where I will be teaching for 6 hours

While watching this short clip I was making notes of what I need...:)

Sign In to comment