Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Prepare and plan for classes.  Making lists help to keep you organized.  The amount of detail and precision that goes into a syllabus will be more beneficial for the students.

Proper preparation will help you keep on track and possibly have time to deal with issues that pop up. Using a Syllabus will give the students a clear idea of what is expected of them, when and in what format.

Information can be conveyed in many ways. If in person teaching has value, it is engagement with students. Not aimless engageent only for engagement's sake... but engagement in ways that enhance learning, retention, and so on. Arriving early, knowing names (or learning names), etc are just some ways of enhancing this. 

Engaging students is important. The start of this process is learning names. Arriving early and guaging the room AND engaging individual students is also a good method.

I've learned to start early, have a plan, and make a check list. All of these tools that were mentioned in the reading will help the instructor stay organzied and stay focused on what needs to be addressed. This will help the instructor to remember what needs to be done so that noone is left hanging with no followup.

Coming to class early and having jotted down what and how to start make the beginning more effective and also sets a positive gaol for your class

Being prepared being on time

Be prepared and organized for class arrive early. Also, have a thorough and complete syllabus. 

I learned how to create a syllabus and what one should include. It was helpful to read so that I can make a checklist of everything needed to be included so that nothing is left out. Seeing the teaching environment as students see it is also useful, as is keeping a notepad handy for any needs or student information.

This module provided valuable information related to how to plan and prepare for instruction. The takeaway for me from this module is the utilization of peer feedback with course materials. This could be a valuable tool to ensure that there are not any pieces missed in the course materials prior to relaying the information to students.  

early and careful planning will help greatly in making my instructional efforts rewarding

clear objectives and outcomes measures are important

The preparation for class began long before, perhaps months. This may also keep being adjusted as new and relevant information come to light. The instructor needs to be prepared for the class at all times. Sometimes the instructor may have to change the instructional method to adapt to a particular student way of comprehension, but at the same time not loosing focus on how to acheive the stated objectives. 

Instructor should have command of the subject matter and be able to draw references and give examples. One of the biggest responsibility of the instructor is make sure that the students have the materials to do the work. So he/she has to be cognizant of what is consumed and note what is needed. The instructor has to be a manager for different aspects of the educational system.

Clear and defined lessons / objectives support learning.  Students required organized guidance. 

Enjoyed the idea that the syllabus is a contract between Instructor and students. Appreciated the detailed explanation on the page with everything that should be included in the syllabus and why. 

I have always had issues with creating a syllabus. Even when asking those I thought should know, I would get the distinct feeling they had no actual idea. Even looking it up on the Internet wasn't as helpful as this presentation.

Planning and preparation are key components to teaching, whether it is putting together a syllabus or a lesson plan for the day.  When an instructor is prepared then he/ she can focus on the students, their needs, and their learning.  A prepared instructor conveys a sense of calm and assurance for students and that makes them open to learning.  It is very important as an instructor to be very clear and precise about your expectations from the students.

As important as it is to be the model and professional in the room, it's just as important to be prepared and to have a clear vision for the class so that students and teachers are on the same page in regards to expectations, lessons that will be learned, and the overall direction of the class being instructed. 

be prepared each and every day. i learned that it is a good idae to a check list a to do list each day.

Come prepared, come with a positive attitude and energy

Sign In to comment