Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Being preapred for class. Have a checklist to make sure all areas are covered. Have a note pad and jot down what shtudent is expecting from you so that you have it next time you meet or email the student. 

Be prepared for the class

A successful learning experience starts with preparation and requires clear communication. A successful teacher will set and manage expectations before class starts. By clearly communicating learning goals, objectives, learning activities, syllabus, etc., students can accept and willingly participate in the class.

Being prepared will be key in being a successful instructor. Engage, activiely, and listen with a purpose.

By planning properly, your course will be rewarding as you will be able to focus on the development of students. By investing the time needed to be successful, students will feel supported.

Prepare to plan....plan to prepare!

The video of the professor talking to his students prior to the class and getting a feel for the level of enthusiasm for the class was insightful. I often stress prior to teaching a class and talking to student before the class would probably put me at ease. 

Having a checklist of items to cover so that you stay on track. Its easy to get off track especially while communicating with students. 

I will try to arrive 30 mins early to class to try to interact with students

Being prepared will assist with effective teaching. 

I was always taught to give the students the syllabus

Now I understand why

Instructional Objectives- A- Audience (know your audience), B- Behavior (what do you want your students to do), C-Condition (Rules for their performance) and D- Degree (level of proficiency). This acronym is helpful when creating objectives. 

Having a checklist will ensure I don't forget something that I need to cover in class. It also ensures classroom structure and instructor accountability (my experience).

I always have a pen and pad of paper with me when in the classroom. You never know when you need to remember something! I am thrilled that it is recommended :)

Much of your success as an instructor will depend on the planning and preparation. There are 5 major areas you should consider:

1. Selecting content to teach.
  2. Setting ambitious yet realistic goals.
  3. Writing instructional objectives to help realize those goals.
  4. Putting together a syllabus that describes your entire course.
  5. Selecting presentation formats that maximize student learning.

Organazation of the learning objectives and checking them off as you go through the material will keep me from missing a learning objective. With the new instructional enviorment,(using blended learning) there is a greater chance of losing continuity in delivery of course materials.  

My course syllabus is standardized and comes with the courses. I see now that it is not specific enough for my student to truly understand the course requirements. I will now add additional information that is tailored to my expectations and have a discussion with my students to be sure they understand them.     

Planning is essential in getting the course on course to the desired end. Try to access the learning abilities of the students in the first few sessions.

Continue to get to class early.

I love the idea of coming to class early to give the students a sense that you take them and your class seriously, and you are going to put the time and effort in and they should too.

Sign In to comment