Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

I plan to arrive at least 15 min early before class (online or in person) so that I can interact with students and connect to them at an individual level

I have learned more about creating objectives and the importance of arriving to class early and preparing ahead of time. 

I learned that it is important to engage with students and understand them in a professional and yet sincere level.

Setting goals is important. Also having a checklist and have things checked off, especially if you are a first time instructor minimize worry and set the tone for better instructional approach.

What I learned from this module is that it requires A LOT to plan and prepare for a course. I've come to really appreciate my instructors from graduate school in facilitating a wonderful learning experience with all the planning and preparation they put into their work. My goal is to also apply these to my planning and preparation as much as possible. 

It is important to arrive to class early and prepared!

Always be clear, concise, and be prepared. Provide more information/communication regarding expectations of the class. View the classroom through the students’ perspective and modify in order to promote good spirits in maximal learning. Be understanding of students’ needs. Carry a notepad to jot down ideas/to-dos.

Be early, and be prepared!

I liked the idea of showing up in class early to talk with the students- it get's your focus away from worrying about what you are going to teach (the content), and helps you to start focusing on why you are teaching (the students).

Being prepaired for your class, knowing the course information and matirals, shows the students that you are the professional.

Write effective educational goals and instructional objectices

Write effective educational goals and instructional objectices

My syllabus is already mostly in place, but this section re-affirmed I need to verify the objectives, schedule, resources and other elements properly align.  

As an instructor and a representative of your organization, there is an expectation that you will be well-versed in the subject matter to be taught and will conduct yourself as a professional at all times.  In addition to this, taking the time to prepare for classes, rehearsing if necessary, and arriving a few minutes early will undoubtedly pay dividends during your execution.

The key is preparation, i.e. supplies, classroom, yourself, audiovisuals, etc. Be early, be organized, and show them you are human too! I like the analogies of Roadmap, blueprints, foundations,etc. 

Without a good instructional plan, you and your students will not be getting the full potential from the course. 

Checklist and notebook. I always forget them and they are an important tool. 

Planning and preparing as much ahead of time as possible. I liked the example of being in the classroom early, to greet the students, so that when lecture starts the first interaction with all of the students is not "lecturing them"; some have had you personally engaged them.

Arriving early, and having the necessary tools required for that class avaialbe at the start of class.

The importance of a well outlined syllabus with expectations laid out for the students. 

Always be prepared to teach in class. Mastery of the subject matter is essential and important. It gains Trust and Respect from the students.

Sign In to comment