Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Previous comments are all important and relevant and I concur.  While all are important, I believe technical competence and enthusiasm for your topic/field can be a major motivator.  

Through applying the lessons learned in this module one can appreciate and embrace the synergistic effect of one's teaching skills, the learning skills of the students and the enthusiasm for the subject matter.  Interfacing with one's peers, and relishing one's role as both a leader, a subject matter expert, mentor and counsel is exciting and critical to the true learning process.

As a new instructor it will be important to understand my own teaching styles, stay informed and understand each class will come with its own challenges and successes. 

I learned to be yourself and not to show how smart you really are.

It is important to keep focused on the goals and objectives of your course, primarily focused on the student.  In my experience mentoring students in their chosen career field is equally as important as the other three 'Ms".

Lead by Example,be professional,learn as much about your courses as possible,be kind,patient,and collaborate with 

seasdoned instructors and take seminars.

Ldad by example. Learn your teaching style

How to motivate scholars by helping them to see the progress they are making toward their career goal and have them use their newly acquired knowledge and skills as soon as possible. This way they will get excited and motivated about the course.

Model, manage, and motivate are the key concepts in effective teaching. 

"Purposeful prior planning prevents poor performance". Be professional, be kind, be supportive, be structured.

Enthusiasm is the best motivation in a classroom,

make learning exciting

and show your students your concern and remind them how far they have come.

Never stop learning ways to improve you the classroom 

I intend to make my own developmental plan with dates for success!!

I learned that as an instructor I need to be prepared, professional, and aware of my skills and my weaknesses. There are many ways in which you can improve on your instruction delivery methods in the classroom but you must be humble and open-minded. Preparation shows alot about you!!!

This has been a good recap of teaching strategies and the importance of motivation.

Reminder of importance of professionalism.

This module taught to not act smart because someone in the class maybe smarter than I am. It is important to know the content when teach so that the student can get the message that is needed. It is important for an instructor to find their style of teaching and feel comfortable on how they're presenting the message. The style of teaching refelects on the students understanding so always ensure thate the students are understanding the message. Reevaluation of the teaching style maybe needed if students are not understanding the contents.

modeling as a leader in the classroom should not be underestimated.

This is repition but it is reinforcing my Masters material.

I learned a lot thanks

Model professional behavior in every way, lead by example, and always work on your professional development.

Sign In to comment