Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Being excited about what you are teaching!

Make sure you lead by example 

I think my big take away from this would be, be prepared, be confident, and be flexible.  Lead by example with strength and confidence, but be prepared to maneuver the class room as needed to fit the needs of the students.

Instructors should model behaviors that will enable students to succeed in their technical fields

Lead them through the topics have myself be a rolemodle of professionalism and lead them with the 5 cs

Motivate students by providing opportunities for them to apply their learning and see how far they have come.

Lead by example.  Continue to seek opportunities to improve.  Motivate by being prepared.

This is a great module reminding me on how to be an instructional and personal model for students, how to manage the class, and motivate students.

An instructor must look the part as professional, though relating to the students on a personal level is equally important.

Know your audience and your yourself. Don't try to be the smartest person in the room. OK to be a friend, but not a pal to students. 

The componets of modeling. Dress, Language, conduct, and time.

I learned as a younger instructor to completely avoid becoming "pals" with students and always be leading by example.

Do not try to be the smartest, or most competent individual in the room. Be the leader, point of contact, point of understanding, and point of guidance. Love what you do, and love helping others to understand. Model, manage, motivate is a big take away for me in this reading

Everyone has a different style to relate the needed thought and physical abilities to succeed in any chosen field. Teaching the two elements of style requires the ability to aquire feedback from your students. Leaning on where they might stumble is as important as what goes smoothly. Be focused on your methods and what works within your given classroom and combination of students. 

If anything, humble yourself and find better ways to be informative to students as well as entertaining. Even though we are teachers, we still have things to learn to become better. In short, always keep learning yourself, make strides to cater to different students styles of learning, and be positive

motivate

Lead by exapmle, show your love for what you are teaching to impact the way your students view what they are learning. dont think you know it all cause someone in your own classroom can be smarter than you 

Demonstrating encouragement and professionally sharing information will keep students engaged.

Teaching isn't just about how I approach the competence of my profession.

Presentation and attitude are always being taken in by the students.

"they do not care about what I know until they realize that I care!"

You cannot expect students to abide to standard that I cannot hold myself to. 

Sign In to comment