Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Learn from students and be able to adapt to different teaching styles

Showing enthusiasm for the course content and care for the students as a person are my big take aways to remember.

Most of the learning is done outside of the classroom. From my past professional development classes, I learned that since students have their own learning styles, I have to provide them with various learning tools to use at home. Some should be visual, some auditory, some motor.  

I've learned that its important to choose your role as the classroom instructor and to stick with it. I've also learned that professionalism is improved everyday and always having in the back of your mind "how can I improve my teaching style and professionalism everyday." The goal is to be the model that the students need to become.

It is important to motivate students and model a behavior that will be benrfical to the classroom.

My biggest takeaway would be as a instructor, you shouldn't try and prove that you're the smartest but that you are very passionate about the suject and that you are eager to share your knowledge with the students. 

I learned from this module that as an instructor I should lead by example so that my students know what is expected of them. I also learned that it is important to form a proper instructor-student relationship with your students so they get the best experience possible.

As a new instructor, knowing my school and personal growth and learning wil contribute to being a great instructor.

You are the role model, lead by example. 

You need to be both a good communcator and listener and if you make a mistake to own it. 

A teacher should be themself while incorporating and learning the best and most effective teaching style for them. 

Model, Manager, Motivator.   Great way to break it down.   

Always be a professional, setting a good example at all times.

Have a continuing education plan for yourself as well as students

Be passionate and knowledable about your subject

Have a personal development plan! Having a physical plan as motivation for improvement. Look for additional resources for growth such as new technologies, webinars, and seminars.

Learn the best way your individual students can suceed. Check in with them daily to make sure they are staying motivated toward their goals.

reflect the future they are learning and training for; from the way you look to the way you carry yourself as a professional.

Professional development is important in order to grow as an instructor and stay current and knowledgeable about the subject matter; also taking advantage of the opportunities to grow professionally is extremely important. 

I learned there is a lot more to teaching than I thought and it begins with self care and self love. When you are secure in yourself that will show through to the students. Also, just like there are different teaching styles, there are different learning styles. 

always lead by example and stay current and up to date.

It is necessary to understand and know your teaching style. Being aware of your past, school, students, subject, colleagues, and yourself are all important in becoming a successful instructor. 

Sign In to comment