Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

I learned that one of the biggest determinants of success as an instructor involves the amount of planning and detail of planning prior to even beginning a class period with students.

Be Professional

Use your available resources to adapt to provide compassionate and professional care while modeling to your students appropriate and expected behavior. 

My biggest take away was to always continue learning and having educational goals/ plans as an instructor. This is best for the students. 

I appreciated the comment about not trying to prove to your students that you're the most competent in the room. Everyone always has more to learn/

What is really going on in the classroom is learning, not teaching. :)

Learning is the number one goal, not teaching, so listen to what your students may need.

I am going to be a Model, Manager, and Motivater!

To stay current with technology as well as new teaching techniques. Make sure to keep a good development plan and be professional but not stuffy. 

To work to teach to each students strengths and learning style. We are there for them to learn more than we are there to teach. 

Lead by example!

Stay up to date on your field, never think you are smarter than your students, proferssional and personal growth and learning never stops. Lead by example

The 5 C's were a big take away for this section as an instuctor. I believe these will assist in building a great learning environment and allow the students to become successful in and out of the classroom.

As professionals we always have room to grow. It is important to remember that we are not the smartest person in the classroom but we are an equal human being. 

Efective communication, critical thinking and work as model for the students

Model, manage and motivate.  

On the class level you need to keep up the encouragement as they move along the training continuum. Sometimes they forget where they started and how far they have come. You need to remind them!  

Be current and lead by example

Model, Manage, Motivate

Get to know your strenghts and use them.  Get to learn your weaknesses and work on them.  Prepare well before the class starts

"Do not try to play a role you are not."  Knowing your strengths allows you to build upon your instructional style and helps to facilitate effective interactions with students. 

Sign In to comment