Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Be an encouraging leader with compassion for students and desire to keep them interested and growing in the field.

Lead by example. Be a model to students 

I have learned that there are many ways to engage students.  I have also learned how to be an instructor by motviating, engaging, and encouraging the students.

It is beneficial to reflect on bad teachers good and bad as you develop your instructor style.

I learned to remember to model the behavior you want to see and lead by example. 

Having a specific professional development plan is important. It can be difficult to find time, but scheduling time for professional development activities is helpful.

Be a role model.  Be excited about the material you're teaching.  Don't be the "smartest person in the room," for there is always someone else who is smarter!

Lead by example, be an example for the students

Make sure you have a positive attitude when you are presenting information, be on time. Your students will see your body language and see that you are rushed and may feel like well if the instructor doesnt care about this class then why should I. 

Learn from others in developing my teaching style. 

motivate with positive reinforce, while keeping open communication.

continue learning about model teaching methods in the class/shop.

I leanred a lot in this course. The one thing that I learned is that it is easy to fall into certain traps in relationship roles with students, such as being a pal or babysitter. So that is one thing I will be aware of, and make sure I do not become a statistic. As well as not trying to be the smartest, intead have humility and use your past experiences to help the students grow, but do not try to get their approval by competing for the smartest person in the room, it will not work.

Though I have been a teaching professor for over twenty years, my lesson is that one is never too experienced to not be able to learn more and increase one's skill sets.  I am working on becoming more motivated to overcome career-long weaknesses and limitations that I (and my students) have tolerated. 

Promoting and maintaining that professional teacher-student relationship.

I learned to know myself as an instructor and never think that I am the smartest in the class. Developing a Professional Development plan can help me become a better instructor.

I learned to know myself as an instructor and never think that I am the smartest in the class. Developing a Professional Development plan can help me become a better instructor.

As an instructor, you are the role model of professionalism and need to lead by example. 

show the students not how smart you are, but how much you love what you do. 

Do what you love and love what you do. 

I always enjoy the professional development aspect of advancing and learning more about yourself and your career, so the self assessment portion really stood out to me.

Sign In to comment