Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

The most important take aways from this module were:

- Model, manage and motivate students. 

- Maintain technical, professional and personal competencies as an instructor

- Establish an instructional style that is most comfortable for me but also compatible with the instructional setting

- Always take advantage of opportunities to grow! 

leading your students by example

Teachers are to model professionalism and be a role model  to students. The instructor needs to continue to grow and develop as a professional and individual while teaching others. 

Instructors are instrumental in motivating and influencing the student to learn and apply their knowledge into practice. 

Leading by example is key!

Even though we are the instructors, there is always room for learning and growing in order to be the most effective instructor we can be. It is important to expand our strengths, strengthen our weaknesses, and motivate the students.

From this module I have learned the importance of leading by example, being a role model, being organized, and staying enthusiastic about my role.

Convince the students that you love the subject and love them (want the best for them).

Model the behavior your students should demonstate. Be professional, but not too distant as your students can't relate to you. 

I liked the idea of showing your students that you love the class and the content.  Important stuff.

I learned it's important to be a role model to model the behaviors I'm instilingin the learners.  

Confidence is key

Technical, Personal, and Professional Competence, always improtaint. 

Good review. I need to work more on a plan for professional development.

Learned to emphasize reflection and track progress toward professional goals

Improving teaching effectiveness requires assessment of my current skill set. My skill set assesment definitely reveals a need to improve on-line learning skills. I will look at that when developing my plan. 

Teachers lead by example, need to always manage your classroom, and most of all be prepared and love what you do everyday!

I think the most important aspect to remember as a new instructor is to make your students and their continued development your number one priority.  Sure we all want to improve professionally, but not at the expense of our students' abilities.  Put your students first and you will naturally grow and develop as a competent and trusted instructor.

Model and be a friend but not a pal. Also, look for additional teaching resources and education.

To self reflect and continue to educate myself.  And to be Credible, Candid, Careing, Conscise, Candid.  

Sign In to comment