Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

New instructors develop within 3 roles which includes Model, Manager, and Motivator, & components of Modeling include Dress, langrage, Conduct, Time, Leadership, & Confidence. 

This module was very informative. It gives the instructor strategies to use in the classroom, so as to be better prepared when teaching.

From this module, I have learned about the importance of modeling professional behavior in various forms (dress/appearance, language, timeliness, etc). Additionally, I have learned the importance of creating a plan, and constantly working on self-development as an instructor/classroom leader.

Experience is your best tool but don’t be too closed minded to learn from a student

Be a role model for your students. Practice what you preach, look professional and act professional. Develop a connection with your student in a professional manner.  Mange the class considering all the aspects. Last but not least always motivate them.

This lesson reinforced in me the importance of leading by example.

A professional is professional on and off the clock. 

Material learned from this topic on Development of being an instructor can be covered in multiple ways. Leadership is a key tool in teaching your students, leading them by example, will allow them to become more successful themselves. This leading can be any number of things, speech, dress, knowledge of material. 

Secondly, know the material you are teaching, practicing that material, maybe several times before the presentation to work out any personal bugs. Realizing and understanding that even though you are an instructor, there can be students in the class that may know more than you do on specific topics.

Lastly, use what you learn as you teach and sometimes from the students in the class to improve both your knowledge and the way you present the material the next time you teach that specific subject.

Follow the 5 C's and represent the expectation

I learned that there are 3 subsets built into the instructor role. As well as educating, we are also modeling, managing, and motivating. 

Continuing our own pursuit of education in further developing our skills as instructors is essential to our continued success. 

I learned so much in this module.  A few very important take aways were;

Application learning is the goal and the instruction must be student centered

Purposeful prior planning prevents poor performance

My ability to effectively communicate, be creative, inspire the learners with enthusiasm will serve as a great motivator.

Investing in professional development will help make me a better instructor

Always lead by example and be prepared. 

Create a plan for my own professional development and reflection of my years in college and the instructors I had. 

Approaching the class with confidence and showing leadership. Using the 5 C's will help create and maintain a positive role as an Instructor.

Set a professional standard for your students in dress, conduct, and competence in your knowledge area.

As an instructor, it is essential that I display professionalism to my students at all times. Equally important is engagement: ensuring the students know I love my subject area, and that I care for them!

Acting like a professional along side your peers and in front of your students. Personal growth and development are very important to become a better instructor. Learning is not teaching.

FORM A PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT PLAN, BE A MODEL, SHARE EXPERIENCES AS WELL AS THEORIES, BE THE EXAMPLE YOU EXPECT FROM THE STUDENT

I liked the 5 C's:  Credible, Candid, Compassionate, Committed and Clear.

We have to be competent in what we are teaching and to deliver that information in a clear way for the students to understand.  Also realizing that students learn differently, so compassion is essential along with encouragement during their progress will keep things positive.

Remembering not to pretend that you're the smartest in the room because someone is always smarter!

Sign In to comment