Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Budgeting for career changers

I'm interested in serving career changers. What is the most effective means of marketing to this sector? Will I have to spend more marketing to them than I would to an 18-24 year old market?

The most effective means from a cost per start basis is to target career changers through the Internet. You will generate more starts for fewer dollars. Newspaper will be your next most cost effective and targeted media in most markets. Most career changers are looking in the classifieds for a new job and you can reach these people through line and display ads in the education section of the classifieds. TV is an option as well if you have the budget for proper frequency.

How much you spend marketing to them depends upon your goals and tactics you choose to reach them. What is your current population by age? Do you also have that information broken down by program?

I agree that we have found career changers are looking in the newspaper. They are looking for a new opportunity and challenge.

Have you had any better success with daily or weekly publications for this audience in print advertising?

Sign In to comment