Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

The value of old evaluations

I have often found that results of old evaluations do not predict appropriately the results of new campaigns. We used to have great results with flyers, then one day, suddenly, it stopped. The same thing happened with different newspapers.
If someone has an idea of how to follow this changes of the peoples response to different media, I would appreciate the feedback.

Mary.

Hi Mary
We think you have the operative word - old. The key is to measure as soon after the marketing strategy is in place and then 30 days or so. Will give you an idea of results immediately and how long people take to respond.
Best wishes
Susan

This is a great reminder to plan a varied publicity campaign. I have found, in the past, that we tend to stay with what we already have in place, even if it is no longer the most effective.

HI Ruth
Great point. Outcomes assessment is so essential. A great campaign or PR event needs to be measured and evaluated each time it is used. Things always change. It's important to keep checking on what works and what doesn't. What helps is to set up policies and procedures that always include surveys. Plus a way to capture the information and get it out to people for feedback. Best wishes, Susan

Sign In to comment