Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Old Leads

Does anyone have any creative ideas for continuing contact with old leads?

Hi Janice,

There are many creative ways to get into contact with old leads. Right now is the perfect time to get information out with a New Year's theme and push people to make a change. This can be done with postcards, an email drop, a direct mail package and you can also do a calling campaign through a call center. Perhaps you could send an invitation to an event at the campus to spark some interst. You could also set up a monthly email campaign with different messaging to continue to consistently communicate.

How about an internet newsletter to these "old" leads with information geared toward them or their friends and associates. This may cost very little but provide the school the opportunity to "stay in touch." Also, a recent list of old leads may be contacted again via telephone. However, since many young people only have cell phones, the use of telephones contacts may be limited.

Gregory-

I think your idea about a newsletter is a really good one. Finding a way to stay infront of people that were interested in the school is a really good way to make sure that if they change there mind about going to school you are at the top of their consideration set. Also, the information you provide helps establish credibility for you compared to other schools they may have contacted.

Mike

We have invited old leads to come visit the school and have a short meeting offering breakfast and lunch as an insentive to bring them in.

I think the breakfast or brunch are the best because you make people feel more cozy, like they are in a place they know already. I think a good way to get those old leads back is making them feel like they are 'old school' (even when they haven't been enrolled); making them feel a part of the school, a part of 'the gang'.

Use email- send newsletters- catchy subject lines like "Make your dream come true!"

We do monthly or bi-monthly newsletters. The biggest challenge is generating significant content. I think in now in 2013 individuals are blasted with advertising via email and texts that if it doesn't provide something significant content wise it will just be deleted. Or, worst of all filtered out so no matter what you have lost that person.

Direct mass texting has really helped our small school generate a lot of talk about program starts and its very cheap to do.

July 4 th or any other Important Days Create an email with greeting and also add a paragraph about importance of Education and programs at your school. Can even personalize on their birthdays and give them free demonstration of services at school.

Invite them for fun, educational or extra curricular activities at school ocassionally.

Re-circulate old leads with different reps. Another voice could make all the difference to that person who is still considering schools.

Sign In to comment