Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Making the direct connection

I haven't found any replacment for making the first step in person. Going out to potential employers of our students and getting to know their needs as an employer not only helps provide feedback for having a well structured course, but in the more creative industries it requires a face and a name, rather than simply having a PR blurb being put out on the line. I sometimes fear as we grow as a school that it will be harder and harder to maintain the personal touch that has led to a great deal of success for our graduates. It's hard to stay personal and maintain the growth at the same time.

HI Einar
Great point about making in person contact. It's tough because people are busy. But once done it may be possible to continue the personal communication via email,etc. So a combination of in person and then email, mail, and/or phone contact may work as you are growing. You might also write up how to directives on how to make personal contact. In that way you can train others in your organization to do the same thing.
Best wishes
Susan

Since my team is so small, I'm looking forward to ensuring the Pulicity Committee can step in and be of great assistance in making these contacts. Another approach is to invite all these desired industry contacts etc to an open house our fam event, and put your team to work.

It is a challenge with a small team. But if you all work hard to set up your publicity plans once, many strategies can be implemented almost automatically. Perhaps you can place your entire staff on your PUblicity Committee. Plus instructors and a sampling of students and alumni. Each will have a great idea and a valuable contact or two. And for sure add folks from you industry and community. Susan

Sign In to comment