Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Training

From what I have seen thus far; this seems to be what most reps that have been in the business for some time. Sometimes we get away from the basics that we learn when we first start. Training is essential when it comes to admissions and we all could use a dose from time to time.

I would agree with the advice given that in any job often bad habits can be created and "getting back to the basics," can help tremendously. However, I am a new employee and while training is needed and appreciated the training at times is not being related to "real-world" practices.

My concern is that while calling leads is essential and to be done correctly is not only an art but a necessity, I feel the process of documenting calls should be explained in conjucntion to learning scripts for accurate tracking purposes.

I would have to agree. I think we get comfortable and just assume we know it, have it and just do it and we sometime come up short, because we can miss things and when we take short cuts it can come back on us and we have not served or customers well. We should always stay in the mind frame of training, because with training comes more skills and knowledge. As long as we remember what we did in the beginning and continuely use it we will work towards perfection.

I agree w/ all comments, mainly f/u w/ leads and keep accurate and up to date notes on each call. I have seen over the years that it never hurts to f/u b/c of the services we are trying to provide for the potential students. I've even gone back months later after putting them on no call list and gave them another call and have gotten a few students b/c of that "one more f/u call."

I agree as well. It is easy to take shortcuts but it important that we follow all rules and regulations. Esp now with changes in our sector

I agree with you on the fact that the admissions job is an ongoing learning profession. You are always learning something new every day and by having constant training throughout your profession, it would be most beneficial.

Sign In to comment