Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

complete = perfection !

Making sure EVERYTHING is complete & accurate take time and patience....but it will keep you from having to do it twice.
We all had easy it is to over look the smallest detail.

It makes sense to double check everything. I allways keep a 'back up copy' if there is a request from the registrar for any info that might have not reached them.(This additional copy gets shredded once the student has attended class and the school has all the documentation)

By submitting to a supervisor first to check and then hand in is also just another step to ensure that the info is correct.

We have implmented a system where 3 pair of eyes ensure the enrollment paperwork is being properly collected. The student fills out all of the appropiate admissions paperwork with the repsenetative then it goes to our Administrative Assistant where she uses a new student file checklist to sign off on everything. Then it goes back to the Admissions Representative for review. once the Admissions Representative has signed off on the file it goes to the Admissions Director, the director signs off on everything and then the file moves over to the eduacation department where they begin their process.

We also have our registrar look over all of the paperwork before the student leaves the building. There is nothing worse than having to have a stduent come back to sign one form you could have easily just double checked.

This is so true!!It’s so hard sometimes and I found that going over the paperwork with my supervisor made it a lot easier and a great learning experience!!

I agree take your time the first time. My ADO also checks over all paper work and if there is any questions comes to me asap.

Being new...I've found that I keep making little mistakes on the application, such as needing them to spell out the county they live in. So having the DOA look over it before I go make a copy, while the student is still here is the best option for me! So I agree, making sure everything is complete and accurate makes it a lot better for the student, because then they don't have to come all the way back just to fix a little mistake that could have been fixed right away and saved them time and money (for gas, etc.)

I find it helpful to have another rep look over all paperwork just to make sure you didn't miss anything.

Ineed! Perfection is crucial when it comes to correct information, but also in the handwriting on the application/enrollment papers.
During training I heard horror stories of applications being sent back and forth between the school and the student because it was not ledgible.

Sign In to comment