Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

texting students works

it almost always works for me :)

Yes Lindsey it seems to get the attention of our younger students...great work !

I also text my students. I have had great results with it. Most people these days would rather text than talk. i have set many appts with texting and they show..weird, but it works.

I think texting is a great way to get to students. I think there needs to be more thought about what is acceptable via text as it's the way most of the college aged generation at this time communicates.

I know that we receive leads and call and call and call...If we started off with a text and a call, the odds would have to go up!

It is amazing how fast they will answer a text1 :)

My daughter has also asked me why we don't utilize texting at our college. She responds to texting before voice mail, and usually never with voice mail

I have not utilized this method of communication, but can imagine how effective it could be. Many young adults view texting as less intrusive. They may also have the opportunity to respond while at work or school, versus pressing ignore because they are busy. Nice idea.

We added a box on our lead cards to check if they would like to recieve texts. The High School Students usually have unlimited texting (because that's all they do)We had alot of success with this, most kids will text back rather than call. LOL

Innovative thinking!

texting is the way most people communicate these days so texting should be a great tool to stay intouch with your students

This is a great idea but it sets you up for providing your personal information to a potential student. The university that i am at does not endorse this type of communication. It would be at your own risk.

When I first started working texting was allowed and It was a great tool for me to contact my students and follow up. Alot them had tight schedules so they would love me contacting them late. A great way to get enrollements from home

Sign In to comment